What I don't like about 2.6.6 - DH perspective

Quote from patch notes:

There are additional specific notes below, but broadly for 2.6.6, we wanted to introduce a handful of new item powers targeted at two audiences: (1) certain classes with long-standing requests for balance/quality of life adjustments and (2) the broader player base for experimenting with Kanai’s Cube. This means fewer class-specific new additions, but more additions that everyone has an opportunity to play with. We also experimented with making some of the craftable sets from Haedrig more appealing for fresh level 70’s or players looking to maximize their farming runs. We hope to see some interesting new theorycrafting and tactics out of 2.6.6 and can’t wait to see what the community does with this new loot!

There are two new items that would be cool to experiment with if we could use them on DH. Namely:

The Executioner
Messerschmidt’s Reaver

Both of them are 2H Axes that can be used by all classes but DH. All other classes can use 2H Axes but DH can’t. There are no new DH specific items.

I feel like DH did not get as much from the patch as other classes.
Yes, crafted sets open up some new possibilities but they do so for other classes also.

We need to make sure we get more from next patch. There are a ton of unused legendary items to work with. If we give some good, constructive ideas maybe they implement them.

For example, yesterday I found primal Fletcher’s Pride with nice rolls. But I had to salvage it because that item does not have any legendary power.

They could buff other DH specific items like the chakram sword or bolas Bow or any other to be useful at least up to T16…

1 Like

That is ok. But I want changes that will affect wider audience. We are at OK spot for T16. How about speeding up “speed” GR runs because we are behind Wiz and Necro here?

I would love to see class specific ring for damage dealers that would, for example, collect souls of slain enemies and give us damage buff that is decaying over time if we don’t slain more enemies.

I have nothing against more high level GR speed run builds, I’m not a fan of current impale or rapidfire build…

I actually think the DH will get a lot from patch 2.6.6, even if not from the updated legendaries. With the Crimson set, the UE Multishot will become much stronger and will be able to speedfarm in significantly higher GRs. And with the Aughild set, the Shadow Impale will become an even better Boss Killer in groups, able to replace the Necro in this role at least till GR 140. I can’t wait to try them :slight_smile:

I know I’ll play with the updated Captain Crismon and UE Multhishot for sure, even if I won’t be able to beat 110-120 GRs with it.

I expect Wizard to clear 150 solo in next 3 months. They already did 145 with items from 2.6.5 patch.