What have you done to the website?

Ok, yes they did make changes (as we all know). The thread has been passed up to the web team but I don’t know what they might say, if anything. At least we know this was on purpose! I suppose that is a good step?

Hah… yeah.

Edit - Ty to PezRadar for listing and being willing to pass the feedback along. I wanted to clarify that I can’t talk to the web team, dev tem, or most anyone else! So I appreciate them being willing to listen.

3 Likes

Thank you, your help is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Why CM’s not aware of this, and have to be told?

2 Likes

It is complicated. The forums are a tiny tiny part of what Community Managers handle. They write the news blogs/handle translations etc. They handle all the promotion campaigns. They handle all the other places we post. Reddit, fan sites, twitter, FB, whatever. Streamers too.

The forums are a tiny tiny part of what CMs handle and they depend on topics being “popular” to bubble up or someone to point it out.

I point things out within my area of expertise (don’t ever ask me about builds as I am a casual noob). Policy and website stuff though is my area.

While very few people post here about it, I realize the issue impacts a far wider area. Hence I bring it up. I am only a normal player with green text. I use it to make sure things that might not get attention on the forums but impact a lot of people, get to the right places.

6 Likes

Thanks for escalating this MissCheetah.

As a quick / dirty / temporary workaround, do you think they might consider adding the non-geographic domain to the Trust Level 2 whitelist so that we can continue to embed links to Blizzard’s own game guide / blogs / armoury pages? It seems daft that they don’t consider their own domains as trustworthy destination URLs.

2 Likes

Just an update on this - Our web teams are looking into some of the issues here.

We did do a migration of the Diablo 3 site to be more in-line with other Blizzard franchises. diablo3.blizzard.com is now the new URL for Diablo 3 and with this came a few hiccups that we are looking into.

RE: Regional selection for forums, we suggest using the footer at the bottom of the page to adjust language preferences which will redirect to said forums/pages.

3 Likes

Thanks Radar for the update.

Hello,

No, it doesn’t.

If I start from Diablo III – site officiel, and I click on FORUMS, it brings me to Diablo 3 Forums… instead of Diablo 3 Forums.

The language selector at the bottom of the page does not change the region… it only change the language.

… and it’s the same with the web profiles… https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Boubou-1741/career, https://eu.diablo3.com/en/profile/Boubou-1741/career, and Boubou#1741 - 社群 - 《暗黑破壞神III》 all re-direct to Boubou#1741 - Community - Diablo III… the web profile for the US region. And changing the language selector at the bottom of those pages changes only the language used for the display… not the region.

10 Likes

I have the same experience. If I visit my profile, I can only check my EU heroes. Whatever language I choose in the bottom settings, English (US), English (EU), German, it always brings me to my EU heroes, just with a different language.
Similar if I check the proflie of another player who I know plays on both regions (NA/EU), it always redirects me to his EU heroes, and I can’t select his NA heroes anymore.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update.

No, it doesn’t. As Boubou stated.

The Americas Region is my main Region and my native language is English. I can View Profile to see all my Characters on the Americas Region.

If I scroll to the bottom of the page it shows I’m currently on English (US). If I click on that and change it to English (EU) I should be able to see my Europe Region Characters in English.

Instead, the footer at the bottom of the page shows English (EU), but I am still looking at my Americas Region Characters, not my Europe Characters.

Also, the URL changes from https://diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/Perusoe-1251/hero/109890432 to https://diablo3.blizzard.com/en-gb/profile/Perusoe-1251/hero/109890432. But, both of them show only my Americas Region Characters.

I have no way, that I know of, to view my Europe or Asia Regions Characters.

7 Likes

Any suggestion for those of us who can’t view their profiles at all? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I found your Americas Region Profile right here:

https://diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/Morgan-12891/hero/116202503

2 Likes

Thanks for checking! So it’s just not working for me then :thinking: even when I click on it I hit a dead end, ‘profile unavailable’ page

The link you sent says “Profile unavailabe” to me. Are you from NA? That would explain why you have access to someones NA profile (mine for example), but not to their EU heroes.

@Boubou: you‘re using an IP address that‘s associated to a US based Provider. If I open the french D3 Site and Click on Forums, my Browser Shows the french Forums. I‘m located in EU region.

I guess they configured redirection based on the ip address the request is coming from. As a work around or for testing you could change your Browsers Connection Settings to use a Proxy Server in eu or Asia or US. There might be privacy issues, though.

But the best Solution is Blizzard canceling this redirection and Reverse the change altogether.

This whole serving of content based on source ip addresses is nothing but cancer. If I make a concious decision to view content from other regions, I don‘t want the Server to override that decision or at the very least let me make that decision for the override myself.

I work in the IT business myself and often have to Look at Sites from MS or Autodesk or the Likes. It annoys me that they keep offering to Redirect to their Site in my native Language and from my country and I have to acknowledge that i want to keep looking at the other languages or regions content.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, the characters items is a totally separate issue that I said the web team is looking into. The footer at the bottom is for web/forum usage specifically.

2 Likes

And as Boubou states, even that seems to not work correctly. If I look at the french d3 site and decide to visit the forums, I expect to be linked to the French forums, no matter, where I’m currently located, but Boubou in the US is connected to the us forums in english, and I in eu am connected to french forums.

Edit: ok, seems you added the Region selector back to that List. That wasn‘t there a few Hours ago. Thank you for that change!

1 Like

Hello:

Yes - I’m located in Canada and am using a Canadian ISP.

================================================================================

They “fixed” the leaderboard – by adding a Region selector.

Except it doesn’t work yet… when I click on Asia or Europe, it reloads Americas.
(and they mispelled « Asie ») :slight_smile:

But it is a step in the right direction.

We need the same capability for the web profile or armoury or « list of heroes » or whatever else people call it. And this needs to be connected to the region of the forum I am currently browsing. So that if I “View Profile” the author of a post in Europe, it brings up the Europe region profile of that author… not the Americas region profile. That’s the way it worked before the “update”.

5 Likes

Web team has made some adjustments today.

New URLs for Leaderboards
US
https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/rankings/

Asia
https://ap.diablo3.blizzard.com/rankings/

Europe
https://eu.diablo3.blizzard.com/rankings/

You can also adjust regions on the leaderboard on the top left as noted earlier in this thread. They were still testing things out throughout the day.

Likewise, they also brought back the region select to the profile page. Players will be able to self-select to view additional regional profiles outside of the one they are currently in.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info.

Not sure if it’s just me, but I can only get the Americas Ranking. The links for Asia and Europe in your post gives the Americas ranking; trying to use the region selector does not work.

For the profile page, I can only see profiles on Americas – there doesn’t seem to be a way to switch to Europe or Asia.

Will try again later – tomorrow most likely.