What do you recommend for a non-gear dependent build?

My dude is level 8 at the time of this post.
He needs different assistance.

Probably a link to a new player guide or something.

3 Likes
  1. Easiest Way to get a full set is playing a seasonal character. You get a full set as present after a short time.

2. The other way to to build strength without a set is LoD-Stone from Grift with any uniques as a start. You find strong LoD builds on maxroll.gg .

What i would recommend is 1st to get to lvl 70, the game really starts there. Getting to 70 can be fun, you can use many skills and play around to what you get. You wont need a build for that.
Once you get lvl 70 you can do several things, follow the season journey, follow some beginner guides and read up on some more in depth guides on maxroll.

Good luck

I was assuming he was referring to his EU account which has a fairly fresh level 70 DH and actually has active chars on it.

3 Likes

Patience.

You play the game at the difficulty you can manage at. Run rifts. Do bounties. Run greater rifts. get the cube. Extract some leggo powers into the cube. Other stuff that might be useful later you stick in stash

Just play the game, eventually you find an upgrade or two and you realize you can move up in difficulty.

Repeat

Just play the game.

It’s probably why we have a New Player Help forum…

OP is on EU and at 216 paragon.
It’s necessary to play at lower torments and use the stuff you find/get to do as good as possible and do the season journey as mentioned. He already has 2 Shadow pieces and four GoD pieces plus the belt. So it should be workable.

First things first, you are lvl 8 so you want to at least fill all of your equipment slots as your first priority.

Then you want to start farming slowly but surely for legendaries. Anything that has a damage bonus for a particular ability like multishot or rapidfire, etc.

Having just one powerful ability to spam at a lower level is great for making rapid progress.

Once you erach level 70 do a couple of greater rifts until you can get legacy of dreams and use that along with the other LEG Gems you see fit. From there you should be able to get set pieces running greater rift, Nephalim rifts and from kadala or the cube.

If you look at his EU Career Page you’d find his seasonal DH…

…which, as both Kargon and Jazz have already pointed out, is level 70 and has some set pieces. As already suggested, he needs to work his way through the Season Journey tasks, and just farm stuff.

Having said that, FizzyElf, I’m playing a DH this season, also on EU, and I have around 100 GR keys in stock. If you’ve got some keys too, and would like me to take you through a load of GR100s for some blood shards / XP / gear, send me a Friend request (Meteorblade#2266) and I’ll have you kitted out in a full set of stuff in no time.

5 Likes

Ah I see, I’m on EU myself. Didn’t know there was a numeric designation per region.

1 = US
2 = EU
3 = Asia

But that was not the question. Neither the correct reply.

Every build got some form of requirements for gear and rolls. Toughness, stats on gear etc. Thorns crusader might be the most demanding. Check out maxroll website if you need help with what to roll on what gear.

Filing this in my ‘learn something new every day’ folder!

Thanks!

Legacy of Dreams.

It is generally the 2nd drop in a GR, any GR, once you’ve hit level 70. Keep it as leveled as you can, and change out legendary (keep ancients) items to make synergies - that is, skill X works well with skill Y or just items with high damage modifiers (like say, Bracers of Destruction.) Rotate legendaries as you find them, improving each time. If you are missing some legendary slots, go to Haedrig and craft them - they have a chance to pop as ancient which will be a significant boost when you hit LoD level 25.

But yes, it is a grind.

Hehe sorry we arent the pro forum users as you are ;). But correct me if im wrong but isnt his number 14937 wich would indicate US? if i look at my number, kargon and jamesg247 it indeed shows number starting with a 2

You, sir, are 100% correct. I screwed up. I’ve amended the post to remove the duff information and I award you a gold merit star for observance. :wink:

Name the penance. Anything but denying me tea for a day.

1 Like

Hehe, well to be honest at 1st i didnt look very well and jumped the gun because someone else said he was lvl 8, even tho i also sometimes get called out for being lvl 1 in this forum, so i should have know better.

My looking at people’s profile skills are seriously weak.

Yeah, that’s why I have this hero on the US server…

Compare the URLs for my Career Page on US, EU and Asia…

You’ll notice that the only difference in the URLs are in the first two-character country code, i.e. us = US, eu = Europe, kr = Asia. Whenever you view someone’s profile from the US forums, it defaults to taking you to the us pages. If what you see seems to be an empty profile, or has really low heroes that don’t seem to match up with what the poster is referencing, just change the two-letter country code in the URL to view the other regions.