What do you NOT want to see changed?

There is often a debate between “purists” (who want more or less nothing besides QoL stuff changed) and “changers” (who want gameplay changes)

On the first glance it seems that its just these 2 camps, but I´m pretty sure people who are in for changes don´t just want EVERYTHING changed - there is a reason you are interested in a D2 Remaster.

While I am personally for no changes at all, since thats in my opinion the best common ground, I would take changes like a charm inventory not as hard as others.

What I personally really don´t want to change is droprates and the overall worth of items. If I get a perfect rolled best in slot - item, that one should stay BIS forever. I wanna be happy about this “once in a lifetime drop” and carry on farm other stuff. But that piece there - thats always gonna be great and I can always appreciate that gem.

So what about you guys who are in for changes? What parts of the game do you definitely NOT want to see changed?

3 Likes

Nothing should have been changed. They should get rid of bots and upscale gfx, thats it.

21 Likes

Things I’m against:
-Infinite Arrows: Undermines the durability mechanic, and lack there of on bows/crossbows.

• Any QoL that will change how loot is displayed unless there is instanced loot.
  • Another 1.10 patch style change: Get the balance in line between skills and current items, don’t add a plethora of new items that completely trashes all the old. Having some sort of enchantment to enhance the already existing is fine, but shouldn’t have the feeling of being required to be competitive.
  • A plethora of new gatekept features behind a limited play mode (current ladder set up).
  • Remove Stamina (while annoying, it touches too much between itemization and skills to be worth removing).
  • Pay to win microtransactions.
  • Of course, the basic structure such as player choice stat points and skillpoints. No automation of stat allocation at level up.
2 Likes

Sigon’s Complete Steel

1 Like

Definitely itemization.

They could change lesser used skills, charm inventory, stackable gems, personal loot, make dclone spawn much easier or harder, add an easter egg level, fix bugs I like, change the mechanics of ubers, remove immunities, and I still don’t think I’d be as angry as if they…

…CHANGE ITEMS…no thanks.

Any significant change to items would have me instant refund, and although I don’t really want any of the above mentioned changes in this remaster, I could stomach them more than changing items.

1 Like

I’m sort of in the same boat, but in a different way. I was thinking about adding itemization, but I wouldn’t mind some sort of enchantment feature on uniques and sets (or upping sets like uniques and rares can be upped) which can be used to spurn trade on actual items again rather than a boring rune/fg economy.

While removing immunes sounds nice, I’d rather them just balance skills and keep the immunes. Perhaps just let items pierce them (would lead to cold mastery being good, but tbh, with the insane numbers already on cold resists on mobs, really wouldn’t be broken as one might think).

I hope Vicarious Visions / Blizzard does NOT touch the loot system. I don’t want personal loot / instanced loot in D2:R.
And I think a lot of Diablo II players agree with me.

9 Likes

I like this type of thing in PoE, however I’m buying D2R primarily for nostalgic reasons, so if they added this, it would be an instant refund for me.

1 Like

I don’t want to see

Changes that change the drop rates of anything: i.e. removing Arrows or Stamina
Changes that effect skills: i.e. removing stamina when different classes have skills relating to it.
Change in immunities - like them or hate them, they are obstacles you must learn to overcome if you want to hang in Hell.

That’s about it, I’m not picky

5 Likes

I’ll likely update this list over time as I think of them.

What I don’t want.

• I do not want the inventory to be changed.
  • I do not want the immunities to be changed.
  • I do not want the drop rates/treasure classes to be changed.
  • I do not want respecs to be changed.
  • I do not want the horadric cube to be changed.

What I’m open to.

• I’m open to changes that are actually QoL, albeit minor.
  • I’m open to bugs being fixed that negatively impact gameplay.
  • I’m open to skills that report the wrong damage, to be fixed so that they report the right damage.
  • I’m open to separate modes and or realms to be designated for people who want more significant major QoL changes among other types of gameplay altering changes. And/or possibly have those changes only be toggles in mods.
  • I’m open to Blizzard perhaps hosting “private ladders” with the option to have your data-based mods be hosted on them, this idea is much in the same vein as private leagues in PoE, where you can pay for them, along with certain alterations to monster difficulty, etc… on that private league.

What I personally want.

• I do want there to be an extension to the limit of displayed items on ground in proximity to the player, to a degree appropriate for resolutions greater than 800x600. (Originally that limit is 32)
  • I do want proper effort by VV/Blizzard towards the optimization of the game on release, for consoles and PC.
7 Likes

having to share and compete is just what makes it diablo 2 which happens to also be ranked on several different lists as one of the best games of all time. I don’t see D3 or PoE on those lists

2 Likes

No Charm inventory and if you have to include one then make it so useless that players beg them to get the old system back. e.g.: make it tiny and charms only work in there.

3 Likes

And how do you propose they keep player base high enough to keep bots down with no changes at all ever? genuinely interested.

I dont want combat changed at all, about the only thing i dont want messed with tbh.

1 Like

Personally I don’t want charm inventory, loot system changes, loot filters, action bars (lol d3), stackable runes/gems.

I would be fully ok if they decide to balance/change/buff skills in the future patches to make more builds viable like Summon Druid, that would be awsome, add some sort of content like Ubers/Dclone.

1 Like

I don’t want them to change original D2 characters art. For example: why the ama is now 50 year old man? Who is this new assasin? What happened to the old one? Why paladin looks like he has been bitten by bees? Why druid is now a homeless man? And etc.

7 Likes

The fact you have almost 2300 posts tells me no change would make you do an INSTANT REFUND lol!

You’d at least check it out :wink:

1 Like

I have 2300 posts precisely because I would refund. If I was going to buy no matter what, I’d probably be less vocal. D2 is still my favorite game and I still play it, even before the announcement I’ve played it regularly and without mods for years.

Btw I didn’t buy D3 at release either, because I didn’t like the direction. I want to buy D2R, but there absolutely are things that will make me not buy it.

2 Likes

I think at this point refunds are inevitable.

Some people expect the game to be unchanged, some expect it to be more modern.

Im really curious how far will Blizzard go to try and satisfy both parties while not causing Warcraft III: Refunded all over again.

Breakpoints for FCR / FHR / FBR.

They are a big part of characters building process, since we play around them to choose/replace/socket pieces of stuff.

2 Likes
  1. I don’t want to see character attributes removed. I wouldn’t mind the attributes being tweaked for balancing purposes, but would prefer this to remain simple and intuitive.
  2. I don’t want to see character skill points removed. I wouldn’t mind the synergies removed and the skills to be balanced properly for a change.
  3. I don’t want min/max damage on weapons removed. I wouldn’t mind tweaks to the damage slightly for balancing the game properly.
  4. I don’t want the prefixes and affixes removed. I wouldn’t mind additional affixes on runewords or uniques that augment abilities, giving more diversity to builds.
  5. I don’t want personal loot system. Maybe for D4, but not for D2.

1. I wouldn’t mind the sorceress cold tree being revamped. I wouldn’t mind the armor abilities being merged down and Ice Blast removed, then add additional abilities to make the tree more diverse.
  2. I wouldn’t mind the necromancer curse tree revamped to give more incentive to add skill points into the abilities. An example would be instead of only radius on some abilities, change the strength of the ability as well.
  3. I wouldn’t mind other class balances to make more builds viable. The 1.10 runewords removed completely or make runewords have unique abilities instead. I don’t like the idea of runewords stealing abilities from other classes.
  4. Making both Cold and Fire immunities not so common in Act 1 - Hell Difficulty. The fact there are may too many enemies immune to these elements is ridiculous. Keep it with some farming areas, but not the entire act… It’s not difficult or fun, it’s just annoying…