What did I misunderstand about Seasonal Chars?

I was told that the progress and loot and other things I had accumulated using a seasonal character could be transferred to my main stash after the close of the relevant season.

I took a break after Season 16, actually before the end of the season, figuring I’d come back at some point and deal with all that and get ready for the next season.

Well… that break ended up being the whole of season 17, and I’m back for 18…

But as far as I can tell, the only thing that transferred over to mains is Paragon levels, and the old S16 chars are totally gone.

I realize it’s probably been too long to have any hope of recovering loot or anything of that sort… I will do my best not to think about the fact that I’d assembled every Necromancer set, etc… omg omg swear word…

BUT… I WOULD like to know how to avoid this sort of severe derpage at the end of S18. Is it even TRUE that I can transfer seasonal hoards to the main stash?

And, if so - what do I need to do to get the loots before its too late?

Once a season ends you have a time limit to remove your seasonal items from the delivery box. That’s how you lost your items.

You shouldn’t have lost your seasonal characters though, but perhaps all your character slots were occupied? Not sure how that works.

1 Like

Characters should still be there. Slots are fixed, characters cannot disappear unless deleted on purpose. Seasonal or not, any playable character takes one slot. HC, SC, Seasonal, all the same. Unless you had a HC character die and sent them to the hall of heroes. Those don’t take up playable slots.

Check to be sure your logging into the right realm/account that you played S16 in.

I see that you have 7 characters on the US realm, 3 of which aren’t even level 70.

As for transferring:

Characters and any gear on them, in their inventory and on their followers would be there.

Anything in the stash is mailed to you using the in-game system mail located at the bottom left of your screen while in an active game.

The mail stash holds items for 30 days after your first login into D3 after the season ends.

However:

This is not trustworthy, and as such I always recommend dealing with your leftover stuff from a season right after it ends, or store the items you don’t want to lose in the seasonal character inventory before the season ends.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I think that is actually 30 days after season end

1 Like

Nope, is 30 days from game login. I’ve had stuff be there a year later.

3 Likes

No, its definitly 30 days after a log in. I just came back after not playing for 3 or more seasons and all my items from like S14 were waiting in the mail.

Edit: ninja’d by ghostdragon

2 Likes

I think it’s 30 days from season end. Definitely have had my mail delete on me despite never logging in between season end and when I did finally log in.

This is why I said:

The system is supposed to hold your stuff providing you don’t log in after the season ends. Often people forget they did log in, even if it was just to check something, or not even start a full game but to look at the character menu.

Once you have logged in (or were logged in during the close of the season) the timer starts for the 30 day limit.

I simply don’t trust it, and have always just dealt with the gear and clearing the mail after the season ends. I also tend to stick the most important gear on my character or in the inventory before it ends to be sure.

Nothing is perfect, but the system is meant to operate as I outlined above.

2 Likes

Start a game and check if there is an envelope icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. If there is, click on it… it will likely contain everything that was in your stash… as well as the number of days you have left before the envelope disappears.

If you have an envelope… start emptying, I guess.
If there is no envelope… then, I’m sorry but everything is lost.

Blizzard used to provide information on end-of-season… the last blog they did for that was for Season 14, but it still is valid. You can find it here:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22312196/season-14-ending-soon-8-31-2018