What class you are you thinking for s18?

Im going strength one way or the other. You?

1 Like

Witch Doctor, for no other reason than that it has been a while since I last played one.

1 Like

I’m either going to go Barb or DH. I’m hopeful that Barbs aren’t over looked for buffs again inS18.

1 Like

DH, just to complete the season journey as quick as possible. so one can contiune with life

3 Likes

Barb. They’re gonna buff it hard :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m going to wait until the information is released about Season 18 to decide.

1 Like

I will probably go Monk. I have an Inna’s build I want to try.

I make my decision a couple of days before season launch.

I’ve never mained a HC character before but am thinking about doing it in S18.

I think the clear winner for S18 is an IK HoTA Barb. S18 adds the Mortick’s Brace which will give you the effect of every rune for Wrath of the Berzerker (WotB). The SC version of this build uses WotB for it’s 50% damage buff (insanity). But adding all the other rune effects gives you an additional 50% damage reduction (striding giant) and great healing from life per fury (thrive on chaos)…so think of a lot more survivability. It’s easy to convert the SC build to HC by removing magefist from the armor slot in Kanai’s cube, putting Bracers of the first men in the cube and wearing the new Mortick’s Brace. The build in SC is already tanky…so, adding in 50% more damage reduction and a lot of healing is icing on the cake. Losing 20% fire damage is a small price for the large increase in survivability.

However, I don;t have a lot of experience in HC…any thoughts?

V/R,
Windfoot

1 Like

Right now I’m thinking Necro or Wiz just because I haven’t played those classes as much as the others. It’s good to change things up every now and then. I’ll probably make a final decision the night before season start.

I’d prefer to play just barb, but as the devs want barbs to be low dps tanks then I’ll probably play some necromancer, too.

Barb is still gonna suck, only 2 (weakish) builds that we have will really get a nice buff from morticks. It’s a decent item, but 4 years too late.

DH Impale as usual. For me it is the best and the safest in HC mode.

1 Like

How do you deal with dune dervish and not accidentally die?

Well, if you see a dune dervish (or a sand dweller which has a similar reflecting damage effect on the DH), you run! Technically you could try and hit the dervish only when it’s not spinning (or the sand dweller when it does not have sand around it), but it is very risky and I really do not recommend it… I even suggest not to use nemesis on the DH in HC, because this class seems to have a higher probability to summon dervishes from pylons!

run like fook and pray. insta death from them

Barb or DH or Necro - still can’t decide.
Barb coz it’s my fav class and Raekor is boss - the 4 piece makes the GR 20 a breeze. Plus Barb is always part of the meta. Raekor is good at everything.
DH coz I don’t currently have a DH and it is a boss class for HC/good at everything - can be ranged to take advantage of the seasonal theme. Not so sought after for 4 man though and I’d really like to try be part of a group this season.
Necro because the new buffed craftable sets seem to boost Pestilence nicely, and Necro is always part of the 4 man meta. I feel like LON corpse lance can be very tanky, especially with the new Stone Gauntlets. (LOD damage window+ Stone Gauntlets seems OP in theory)

Always main Barb with a side of DH for keys and bounties.