What builds best take advantage of S31 unrestricted cube?

Besides Necro of course, the only one i can think of would be Helltooth Witch Doctor. Full Poison build with Gargs and Zombie Dogs combined with needing 3 different Witch Doctor Masks. Most classes rely on set builds since season 27, and some will argue since season 25.

I’m thinking Nat’s might be okay. You can forgo CoE, like I usually do, put Dawn, Channon Bolter and Trags in the cube. Wear Nat’s Slayer and RoRG. It won’t be as powerful as this season but it’ll give me a decent damage boost with the addition of Nat’s Slayers. An extra Spike Traps damage roll is okey dokey.

But other than that, there’s really nothing really good for the other DH sets.

Anyway, Necro ruled the boards in the free cube season and it’ll probably do so again.

1 Like

Tal rasha wizard can squeeze in Ather walker for speed content, Furnace for pushing.
Sunwoko monk can squeeze in kyshiro’s blade for pushing.
Marauder demon hunter can squeeze in Dawn for cluster arrow build ( in addition to manticore) for permanent vengeance.
Corpse spider WD can squeeze in wormwood for a lazier playstyle.
Akkhan Condemn Crusader can squeeze in eternal union for permanent archer uptime or tasker & teo for increased attack speed.
I will be playing Necro because the power creep will be amazing. Doing 150 would be a walk in the park with LOD Nova build. I probably can do Speed GR 150 solo.

3 Likes

That looks interesting, never played LOD Necro before, so might give that one a go in s31, thanks for the tip :beers:

1 Like

All 3 cube slots will be weapons to maximise damage. Legendary gems will be lod, esoteric alteration and striken. Items would be standard lod nova build.

1 Like

You say Marauder can use Dawn. But then you lose Zoes belt. That might work, but how much better will that be? For speeds Wizard can use AW yes. And a lot of chars can take can make a few cool speed builds. But not for pushing and that is lackluster imo.
I will play Necro though😊

LoD Energy Twiser looks strong. Five weapon powers with great synergy:
Equip:
The Twisted Sword
Etched Sigil

In cube:
Valthek’s Rebuke
Deathwish
Orb of Infinite death

Typical build would swap like this:
Armor power: Ashnagarrs’s Blood Bracers → Deathwish for 325% damage
Jewelry power: Unity → Orb of Infinite Depths for 40% damage and 80% damage reduction

For skills, replace Magic Weapon with Explosive Blast - Chain Reaction to trigger Orb of Infinite Depths.

all necro builds, with wiz coming in a distant second. no point in playing anything but those two.

obviously witchdoctor suffers the most with this theme since it only has utility weapon choices rather than general damage like necro and wiz, but also the fact that it gets most of it’s damage from a ring that it is required to use unlike any other class. why the Ring of Emptiness isnt just a passive at this point is beyond ridiculous and greatly handicapping the class as a whole. Name one single WD build that RoE is not necessary. NAME ONE.

so witchdoctor gets a free ring option this season at most… literally the worst class for 31 seasons straight.

I cleared GR150 this season WD Zuni and LoN, without Ring of Emptiness. Damn, that’s 2 builds without RoE…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzaK467l44E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtBEJdsxuSw

I still agree that WD needs more love…

2 Likes

Majority of builds wont change much as most Kanai slots are pigeon holed.

Necro benefits the most due to their weapon bonuses. Tragoul nova is one of the most beneficiaries if dont mind of been glass canon. It beats LoD because Sim benefits from HP higher than DR.

It can potentially cube blood tide + tragoul fang + reliena shadowhook / funerary pick depending on content, offering tremendous dmg powers at the cost of defense.

This theme is rather dull at present, should ve combined with 4th cube into 4 unrestricted kanai slots. Balance wont be too broken since most builds have pigeon holed items.

2 Likes

let’s not be disingenuous. that build is useless without massive paragon to carry it.

i rest my case.

Both builds have several top 10 150 clears with 2500-4000 paragon. 2500 paragon may be massive for a casual like you, but even 4000 isn’t that massive.

Any Necro Spec and Helltooth Witch Doctor by a far margin.

Helltooth Poison Gargs and Zombie Dogs will be a walk in the park with an open cube. ALL three masks with RoRG and Short Mans Finger on the character. WD is gonna be pretty damn strong. Almost auto play with all three masks in the cube.

enlighten me. which masks would give more damage than Convention of Elements? And why would you use zombie dogs? Are you using the Tall Man’s Finger? Poison gargs, poison dogs, no CoE or no RoE? What about Tasker and Theo? how are you fitting that in?

i’m not seeing it. gargs were okayish with soulshards, but we’re losing that huge power next season and we dont have any decent multipliers to cube outside CoE.

I think it was a mistake which could inflict nerf :smiley:

https maxroll.gg/d3/guides/lod-death-nova-necromancer-guide
The GR push build for LOD Nova above (maxroll guide) with 2k to 2.5k paragon (updated for season 31) would have a good balance of toughness and power to clear 150.

1 Like

Waiting for maxroll to make their “tierlists”, will be interesting to see.

1 Like

Necro is S tier and A tier, all the rest are B tier or below. Lol … this is Season of the Necro.

3 Likes

Yeah I guess, I am more interested to see what different builds will use in the cube etc, I really wanna play a LOD build… never done that before.