What am i doing wrong?

My wife and I just started playing D3 about a month ago. Im a DH and shes a Necro. We both are around 650 paragon with our legendary gems around lvl 50. We have completed the seasonal acts to get our 6 piece sets and have filled out our cubes and other gear according to guides on Icy-Veins.

My GoD DH is sitting at about 990k damage and her necro is at about 600k damage. But she absolutely destroys mobs and bosses in 90-95GRs and my DH is struggling. Any guidance is appreciated.

Many damage bonuses aren’t shown on the sheet. That’s why the numbers become irrelevant after lv 70.

An example, +%element damage. No matter how many you stack, they won’t increase the damage number on the sheet. (But they do increase the damage while you attack.)

Most (almost all) of the legendary/set bonuses, and some magic affixes fall into this category.

Actually, only few affixes (e.g. critical chance and critical damage) are calculated into the sheet damage.

See the “Meaning of Diamond Icons on Item Detail Sheet” section of [Wiki] Acronyms - The Definitive List plus Definitions! to learn more about the meaning of the diamond icons of the affixes.

2 Likes

There are some nuances to playing the GoD set, too. Make sure you are playing it correctly by using your generator and keeping your stacks up.

Bone Spear Necro is much stronger than DH GoD this season. With roughly same paragon and gear quality, Bone Spear will deal about 170% more damage. The “sheet damage” won’t show it, same as “sheet toughness” doesn’t show how truly tanky that build is.
If you want to continue to advance, look into zDH build and play support for Necro.

Thorns builds have very small sheet damage like 100k…its all about the bonuses which are not displayed on sheet damage.

I understand that the sheet data doesnt contain all the bonuses etc. I guess my question is answered by the fact that the necro is just more powerful than the DH.

It’s combination of “latest balance patch” and “seasonal buff”. Some classes/builds benefit more than others. This season Necro, Wizard and Sader are clear winners on console. Put together DMO Twister Wizard and you’ll have “easy to play” complementing build to go with Necro.

Depends on the build, both Necro and DH can do a GR150 for example. Both builds used (Bone Spear and GoD) are insanely powerful.

I’m going to try, I dont see the GoD DH clearing a 150 on console this season however