What’s a "Higher Parangon” and when should one get rid of Strength on some gear?

Hi all,

I often hear/read tutorials about builds where it is said than Strength can be replaced with something else (mostly AS and AoE) “at Higher Parangons”.

For instance, on LoD Blessed Shield, you are supposed to get rid of Strength on the Stone Gauntlets in Favor of AS; the same goes for the Gauntlets of Akkhan on Akkhan Condemn, but in Favor of AoE.

I was wondering what one should understand by “Higher Parangons”. Where is the approximate boundary? Should one get rid of Strength at Paragons 2000? 3000? Above that?

I would be curious to know what you guys think about that.

Thanks for your insights!

General rule of thumb is p3000 I believe. I guess it also depends on how big you can get your Caldesans augments via group play.

Other than rings/amulet where it’s almost always better to have another favourable affix over your main stat.

Personally, at p2100, I prefer to roll it off my gloves if the other stats a correct and close to/if not perfectly rolled. Main stat is still good here, and slightly better if the other affixes are too low.

Shoulders, not quite there yet. I still look for Main/Vit/xx/xx depending on the build.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, Jay!

A friend told me about p3500, so I guess that I have an idea of the boundary, now (which actually is much higher than I thought). So I’ll keep my Strength rolled gear as it will take me some time to get there!

Give or take 4.5-5k anything less you would still need it

Trading is main stat related, not so much as paragon related. You can start trading main stat away for Quad fecta gears around 20k STR earliest, 25K+ if you are semi inexprienced. Trading way STR at low paragon affects tougness mainly, so you are relied on your ability/experience to physically avoid damages (Bless shield is very tanky, this is more generic comment). At 30k STR, its no brainer.

As Jay commented, it really depending what level of augment you have access too. Augmenting lvl 100 vs 150 is big difference. Even in seasons, meta group players have access to 130 augments very early on and transit to either 140+ or 150 augments very easily/common.

if you REALLY need a stat, then roll off str. Regardless of paragon. But that’s more of a problem on your other gear than anything else.

You can always augment main stat back on as well. Tri & Quad-Facto rolls are the holy grail of gear achievement … if there is a possibility to obtain, don’t give it a 2nd thought since it will most certainly be an improvement over what you currently have.