Were the GoD-6 Bolas build variants abandoned?

All the usual places are pointing to Hungering Arrow post nerf. I remember reading that the 9th Ciri Satchel nerf lowered the ceiling on solo pushing but the change to the Dreadlands set made it stronger overall. I was looking forward to maybe running some non-HA variants like bolas in solo. Has Bolas been abandoned for solo speed farming, pushing, and bounties?

Bola’s are actually stronger now than they were before. I assume it’s just there’s not many people “maining” DH this season, so most are going to build what’s necessary for efficiency and go back to one of the meta DPS classes.

Given that our top end clear potential got hammered, I don’t blame people for not wanting to spend time experimenting on DH.

1 Like

Is there a link for the Bola or grenade build? I’d like to try them.

1 Like

Not really since these builds aren’t used. But if you want to make your own just follow this recipe:

GoD Bolas Recipe:

1. Build normal GoD Hungering Arrow build
  2. Replace Ninth Cirri Satchel with Emimei’s Duffel
  3. Replace non-Dawn weapon with Leonine Bow of Hashir (either cubed or worn)
  4. Replace Hungering Arrow with Bolas (Imminent Doom rune is usually strongest)

GoD Grenades Recipe:

1. Build normal GoD Hungering Arrow build
  2. Replace Ninth Cirri Satchel with something (e.g. Fortress Ballista, Balefire Caster (worn), etc.)
  3. Replace GoD pants with Depth Diggers
  4. Use Hellcat Waistguard and Ring of Royal Grandeur in cube
  5. Replace Hungering Arrow with Grenades
  6. Consider using Grenadier passive
4 Likes

Bolas can do GR132-133 at 5k paragon. I have a video showing a GR131 clear somewhere.

2 Likes

How does bolas compare to HA @1k paragon?

A few GRs behind (I’d estimate 3-5).

Thank you. I’ll have to experiment a bit once I get my DH up.

Possibly even worse than what Iria said because of a lack of defense. When you pull those mobs on top of yourself, you incur more damage.

The testing I did had the luxury of 5000+ paragon. We could be looking at an N6 Rapid Fire situation where you cannot wear CoE until you acquire a certain amount of main stat.

I don’t understand your reference to a loss of defense. Based on Iria’s steps a Bola setup would have the same defense of a HA setup. One doesn’t always have to strafe through a cluster of mobs and the vortex effect does give a small window of safety as mobs squished together.

The loss of defense is from playing at 1000 paragon.

Try both skills, one after another, and see what survival is like for yourself.

Thank you for this! Imma try it out.

1 Like

Cool let us know how it goes.