Welcome our new Diablo Community Manager, TheHooley!

Back in the days of Blizzard North I remember logging into IRC with a bunches of others to hear Bill Roper talk about D2, the Devs back then were such a bunch of nerdy gamers though, you could hear the excitement as things were explained to us. I worked on Diablo fan sites back then, so having this insider talking to us so freely and answering questions was huge, clearly, it was so different to how things happen now.

The engagement was very real, but we as fans were also in awe of it all and polite, today if a Dev was to drop in here to talk to us in chat they’d just get crucified, it’s sad we’ve lost that close relationship we once shared and I do miss it.

Umm… that still happens. It just does not happen the same ways. Has for years. They transitioned the chat channels through the years, but the same concepts apply. The fan sites still have access to CMs, and through them to Devs - which can result in interviews and such as well as just good chat. Rules, if you remember, are that you can’t publicly talk about anything Blizz has not publicly released.

What was IRC, maybe ICQ, etc. Went to Skype, went to Discord.

1 Like

That is why I told each of the new CMs that they needed to have think skin on this forum.

• Some on the forum can be over the top, I would never want to be a CM/DEV on this forum.

I always felt sorry for Brandy the way some of the trolls attacked her, no one should have to deal with that.

• The Diablo community has some great people who try and help. Some on this forum not so much.
3 Likes

*Eats Hooley*

1 Like

I never noticed trolls attacking her, however, I did notice a lot of boot licking.

She caught a lot of flak for the lack of changes in D3. Looks like that was unfair; still no changes being made with three Diablo CMs.

1 Like

What’s funny is she had nothing to do with any game changes to D3.
But she acted like it was her game sometimes.

People’s anger at the game was mis-directed at her, and at each other of us players in this forum at times.

Her leaving Blizzard Diablo team was a sign to all of us, the game is in it’s last phase.

D3 will be around for years or as long as the electrical grid is.

People come and people go.

Not sure why this thread was resurrected but…

Hasn’t posted since March 2nd, i.e. four months ago.

5 Likes

Yep. I get that CMs have plenty of other things to do. But it just isn’t impressive.

Currently the lack of D2R info is especially disappointing, with release so soon and Blizzard trying to sell preorders.
Zero information on whether anything has changed since the game was announced, and after they gathered all that feedback they said they wanted.

I didn’t get caught up in the hype. No pre-order for me until I know if I’m getting just a “paint job” on D2 or some actual changes to make d2 a better game. Or, at least, a different game.

1 Like