Welcome our new Diablo Community Manager, TheHooley!

Hi all -

We have another new Community Manager that has joined the Diablo team! He has already gone around and posted a couple times on some support related items, but this is his formal introduction. Welcome TheHooley! He is a former Overwatch Community Manager and is now helping out on all things Diablo going forward.

Glad to have another great person to join us and to help out especially one with such a fantastic Michigander accent!

23 Likes

Hello, my friends. Stay awhile and listen.

My name is TheHooley, although some of you may know me as Tom Powers, from my time corresponding with you on the OW forums. A few weeks ago, I joined the Diablo CMTY Team!

I wanted to introduce myself and briefly express how excited I am to join you on these forums. For Overwatch in the past, I often engaged daily and coordinated with the developers to address pressing issues impacting the game. I believe that type of interaction and transparency make platforms such as these a special place. And I, along with my teammates, will aspire to do the same here on the Diablo front.

This year has been challenging, but it’s communities like this one that make our day-to-day easier. Coming here to engage in social discourse on a game we all cherish is a beautiful thing. Let’s continue that legacy. So, thank you for your time; I look forward to interfacing with you all.

Have a fantastic week,

Tom Powers
Twitter @TheHooley

36 Likes

Oh, hi Tom! :wave:t2:

1 Like

Hooley - what are you most looking forward to in D4?

Hey there, to answer your question, the exploration of Sanctuary and the progression of the story. I’m a lore fanatic, and I love world-building, especially in dark fantasy IPs. So, I can’t wait to see what’s in store with D4. The settings in Diablo titles have always been extraordinary characters on their own.

8 Likes

If you could make 1 or 2 or 3 changes to Diablo 3 in its current state, what would that be?

And what kind of feedback are you most excited about to forward to the devs?

ty

1 Like

Hello Tom!! Welcome aboard!!
I’m glad to see new people coming here because for me as a simple user means we have more chances to engage with you and also indirectly with the dev team.
I hope you’ll like this community too.
Some questions for you if I may:

1. What’s your most awaited next Diablo game?
  2. What’s your fav class, and what class would you like to see in D4?
  3. What’s your fav Diablo game, moment, character from this universe?
  4. Are you still playing D3? If yes, is there any chance to get another DLC class like the Necromancer?

Have a nice stay here and don’t mind the toxic trolls :smiley:
P.S. I also love the lore, story and world building, so I have high hopes from D4 :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to your new adventure Tom. Do not let some of the faultfinders on this forum get under your skin. Remember the Diablo community is much bigger than this small forum. I hope you have some good news to share with the community at Blizzconline in February. By the way I am enjoying the clones in S22. Have a great week.

I hope D4 is more about world and lore and less about speed racer.

10 Likes

Hey there, Tom. We have already communicated a couple of times thanks to a maddening case of client crashes. As a fellow explorer and disabled player, I have a deliberate playstyle. As a result, I play solo exclusively. Any plans to help balance out the disparity between solo and group play?

1 Like

There are so many questions D3 left unanswered. All the follower storylines, the purpose of greymist island, whatever Lorath and Tyrael are yammering about on the missing scouts not returning (the name of which escapes me.)

Ah, Fresh Meat!

3 Likes

Welcome, Tom!

It’s great to see the Diablo team getting bigger. Seems like Diablo 4 is already knocking on the door?

1 Like

Skovos is a dangerous place… every attempt to implement it resulted in defeat.

1 Like

I doubt most of those questions will be answered in Diablo 3. Maybe in Diablo 4, or perhaps external material such as novels for example.

Yeah, that’s something I’m definitely looking forward to as well.

We can only hope.

3 Likes

Wow, no offense, but after Nev’s gone Blizz had to have 3 guys to take over her as CM. And she didn’t only do CM’s works.

1 Like

Usually when someone writes “No offense” they mean to be offensive :stuck_out_tongue:

Nev did a lot! There are a ton of things ramping up in the Diablo universe with Immortal and IV on the horizon so we are staffing up to make sure we get can have equal coverage when those games are fully online.

Likewise, we do beyond work that most people see here. It’s why we aren’t able to spend most of our times on the forums or just interacting in communities. A lot of community work that Nev and this group does is tied into a lot of work around game teams, marketing, public relations, etc.

Nev also had others on the CM team including Steph Bayer who didn’t post much but was also another great CM who left a few months before her. Both Nev and her were fantastic and great friends :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ayyyyyy I did not know you were a Michigander!!! GO BLUE!!! :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the toxic Diablo forum. Don’t let some of these kids get to you because a few of them think that they are “all that and a bag of chips.” Can you drop any news pertaining to Blizzconline, I will not tell Bobby K. I still have that dollar for you. Remember no matter what you or your team are working on some on this forum will complain about it, they need the attention.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Tom.

1 Like