Welcome our new Diablo Community Manager, FilthieRich!

Welcome to the party!

Impressive wrap sheet!

I too was an arcade local, destroying chumps in games like SF2, Tekken and to a lesser extent… the MK series. Not many comps on those games at the time where I come from unfortunately.

Can’t claim I worked for any, though.

Enjoy your stay.

It’s great to see the Diablo team growing. Welcome and enjoy your stay, FilthieRich!

Also, be prepared for a big wave of feedback when Diablo 4 releases.

Good to meet ya. I hope your time with the Diablo community will be an enjoyable one. Our community may seem rough at times, but know that it mostly stems from our love for this franchise. I look forward to seeing you around. Good luck.

1 Like

Welcome, glad to have more blue colour on the forum.
Could you provide us with some more info about your Diablo experience? Mostly with Diablo I and Diablo II, for how long did you play those two games? Kinda important considering most Diablo fans want DIV to go back to the roots. :slight_smile: and it would be nice if our feedback will be pass to devs by someone who knows what was wrong with Diablo III.

Thanks!

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I played solo plays of both Diablo 1 & 2 of my favorite classes. I’m taking time now to enjoy and explore end-game and other aspects of what the community enjoys about it. In terms Diablo 3 I played when it first launched, took occasional breaks and returned for the launch of seasonal content.

Agree 100%. In my experience it has helped me to bridge conversations with both players and devs by knowing the game in and out - so im going to do the same here!

5 Likes

The goal is to get good enough at them to keep your opponents pumping quarters to try and beat you while you keep playing on your original quarters. :rofl:
I was an arcade MK junkie for a brief stint. You can’t hardly find arcades around anymore… :frowning:

Welcome to the community, FilthieRich!

I bet, you’re also ‘filthy rich’ IRL. :money_mouth_face:

ahh… arcade fighting games. takes me back on my younger years… used to play Street Fighter, X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, Rival Schools: United by Fate, Tekken and many more. Have not played those for a long time since I stopped going to arcade and played in PC.

Hope to see you around in future here in the forums.

1 Like

Maybe its Bobby Kotick!

FilthieRich,

Welcome!
I hope you will have a good time on these forums and with this ommunity. I’m glad to see new people, that also know and play the game. I hope you will be the voice that answers (at least some) of our questions and also the voice that brings to the devs our feedback :slight_smile: We don’t want radio silence anymore.

P.S. Any news on any QOL upcoming changes? We had a thread with a big list of them but… not much was done from it :sweat_smile:

I hate to be ‘that guy’, but…

This wasn’t a position from the 800, was it?

Crikey, so much blue in this thread!
Welcome and good luck.

1 Like

Mmmm…fresh meat…

*nibbles our latest overlord*

:smiling_imp: :pie:

2 Likes

You are a man who knows his fighting games. Soulcalibur is, by many estimations, the best fighting game ever, and I agree.

1 Like

Critical Mass - A Love Story. Never forget Melkor. Never forget CM times. My fingers won’t aswell.

1 Like

Welcome, good luck and “Let The Good Times Roll!”
:peace_symbol:

Welcome! It’s great to hear that we’re getting a new CM who’s passionate about Diablo.

Hope you’ll find that, overall, we’re not as bad a community as you may have heard.

WANT. Now that we have the main class sets done, secondary balance and QoL would be awesome.

Not exactly. The Community Lead Pez Radar is in was not something they even had for Diablo when there was just Diablo 3 and the old D2. Now that we have D2, D3, D:I, and eventually D4, they hired someone to lead Community for the franchise. It is a larger role that covers all the games and crosses all the Regions eventually! He will have minions of hell to support him!

Nevalistis was a Community Manager when she left Blizzard, although she was hired as an Associate Community Manager at first. She was promoted. Seeing as we had no CMs left at all, FilthieRich is replacing Nev who went to Wizards of the Coast of her own choice.

The ones laid off from the franchise were the 1.5 man positions of Associate Community Manager.

This is true. Most people here are good once you get used to them, although passionate at times. Not sure if I have Stockholm Syndrome though… Heh.

4 Likes

That was the 20th century!!! :scream:
Are you a Horadrim Ancient disguised in human? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Welcome, I think you’ll like this community!

Note: I played to Pac-Man, I might be a Horadrim Ancient as well, no worry :wink: