Weapon Throw needs more damage

WT is such a barebone skill that it needs to have its damage increased. Could a mechanic much like Raekors Boulder Toss be applied, where throws stack with increased damage up to five times and on the 5th stack there is an explosion. I know I’m asking for a lot here.

1 Like

WT generates a lot of Rage in an LOD build and then you can drop Ancient Spear - Boulders. Would be fine with just a belt that increases the damage of WT, gives the Richocet Rune and ups the enemies hit from 3 to 6. Could be like WT deals 600 % more damage to the first enemy hit and deals less damage to every subsequent enemy down to 100% more damage.

How is WT with immortal kings?

I think the change should work with both IK & LOD.

This is what it looks like using IK (before the PTR buff):

In PTR, I was unable to clear 110 after 9 attempts.

1 Like

You’re not!

There are a few simple ways to make Weapon Throw powerful and viable. In my opinion, the easiest fix is to edit the WT item as follows:

• Weapon Throw pierces
  • Jack the damage multiplier through the roof

There are, of course, many other ways to make WT awesome. Perhaps enemies hit by WT take XX% more damage from other sources?

Perhaps WT splits into 3 projectiles on contact, and each pierces and deals XXX% more damage?

Perhaps WT drops Avalanches when it contacts an enemy? Good reason to use Dread Iron!

2 Likes

Those sound perfect and doable. Let’s what happens.

A Barb can dream, right?

I mean, any sort of buff is better than what we have not for WT.

2 Likes

Kudos for trying it out sir

1 Like

Another bump to repeat: Weapon Throw needs a much larger buff!

Even with the current PTR buff, Weapon Throw builds (LOD and IK) are massively weaker than any other build. Most Barb builds are extremely well balanced at the moment, and Weapon Throw needs more love if it’s going to be anywhere close to competitive!

3 Likes

Thanks brother! This youtuber is using Jagged Edge with Reakor’s. If Skular’s gets changed into an Ancient Spear buff, then maybe Jagged Edge would be a better fit for Weapon Throw. A major buff would be even more critical to WT since Jagged Edge would be a significant nerf to this setup. But it’s much more appealing to the eye (people like glittery/shiny things) and seem to look more enjoyable to play.

Edit: What a let down, Jagged Edge multiple spear spread action only applies to Raekor’s set, outside of Reakor it’s only one spear. And it does virtually nothing.