We Need Blizzard to Give Us Their Definition of Remaster

They did, go read some Blue posts, they have been consistent with their wording.

3 Likes

On the diablo2.com home page, Blizzard uses the term remaster (or a variant three times):

1. Diablo® II: Resurrected™ is a remastered version of the quintessential action RPG Diablo® II. Pursue the mysterious Dark Wanderer and fight the denizens of hell as you uncover the fate of the Prime Evils Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, now in up to 4K (2160p) resolution on PC. Diablo II Resurrected features:

2. Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected

3. Fearsome demons, brave adventurers, and the world of Sanctuary, resurrected. Marvel at the denizens of this world in up to Ultra High Definition 4k (2160p) remastered graphics on PC—or enjoy the original Diablo II, old-school style—at the press of a button with the legacy toggle.

Each of these quotes have a compenent discussing graphics.

They also say:

1. Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

Blizzard does not say that additional options would not be added that would allow a player to select a more preserved experience versus a more modern experience. In fact, optional auto-gold pickup proves undeniably that they are willing to preserve the original D2 experience and make an optional and more modern change,

They did already. You need to pay attention like the rest of this forum needs to.

as i have said 50 times…he twists the facts to suit him best.
blizzard has not said that more is not coming…that’s true. but they have ALSO NOT said that something new is coming. Especially nothing that has NOTHING to do with the ORIGINAL. (new acts, new content, changed skills, e.g.).

They said “close to the original”
they said “Remaster” and “REMASTERED” more often
They did NOT say . “REMAKE”
they did NOT say: “hey guys here you have a box where i can put all your stupid wishes and then it will be built into the game”.

gold autopickup (with VERY low range) is a QoL update
The garbage that many wish for here has NOTHING to do with QoL.

get this into your head!

2 Likes

Their website says:

Evil is resurrected in the timeless action RPG classic Diablo® II, and its acclaimed expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction®, now remastered and upgraded.

So, the upgraded could mean anything, while remaster was always about media anyways. Not sure were the confusion lays.

Remaster it’s about audio, video and visuals. The same applies to remake.

Other than that, like some said “classic d2 experience” equals using the older game behind the newer graphics.

The only thing we can’t know for sure it’s what the upgraded part for them means. We only suppose what could fall in that category, some would say downgrades it’s, really, the only term debatable.

They showed that on SC1 and W3R. But also Arcade collection , calling by example Lost Vikings definitive edition a version that combines both snes lost Vikings and megadrive lost vikings. Tbh, for me SC1, W3R and D2R it’s their way to make a definitive edition of those games on their own point of view, by doing changes they see fit.

Here is another iteration of Blizzards plans for Diablo 2:Resurrected that to me are in line with what a remaster is.

2 Likes

which means as much as:
The game is too CLUNKY for a modern game so we add something like:
Auto Gold pickup
Advanced Stats
MUCH bigger stash (and its still not enough for you…what a surprise)
Shared stash (because players will mule anyway)
Shortcuts
ect.

There is NOTHING about more content! and certainly nothing about BALANCE CHANGES!

but they keep on babbling and arguing because they can’t get it into their BRAIN.
And I’m really looking forward to when the game finally comes out and it’s just the way it’s supposed to be.
Just like it was back then!

Your question will be answered on 2021-09-23

Basically this. Blizzard is going to do whatever they think will be best received by the market, limited by technical constraints. Demanding some sort of definition and expecting them to adhere to it like some commandment from god is unrealistic.

But to me these things are not something you do to just redo the graphics. These are types of changes which I think why so many people are asking for more changes because without being told the boundaries of those changes people are going to ask for the sky

There is a tweet from rod in April that says. This is a remaster not a remake sorry. When people were requesting idiotic ideas like ploot back than.

4 months and 9000 posts later. Microna is still here spewing the same junk

Auto-gold pickup affects the trade economy.

More gold collected means more gambling.
More gambling means more items.
More items means more good items.
More good items means the trade economy is affected and the game is made easier.

The fact is what some may consider a QoL has implications. I support this as an option as I think the effects are modest but I can not claim that they are non-existent.

1 Like

You forgot reduced chance of carpel tunnel.

2 Likes

:100:

Other accessibility option are important, too. For example, Blizzard has put in a colorblind mode and we know that 7%-10% of males are colorblind.

1 Like

But I think the issue is that changes have happened that has nothing to do with remastering the graphics and starts to make people think, well since changes were made, why not more

Which they should improve. The beta version was really bad.

Only one of the 3 modes were actually acceptable and all of them the minimap was even worst than we have, whick by no means it’s a great thing. Because den of evil got way less visible on all 3 and in 2 of them were barelly different than walls. Not to mentioning the rest of UI and game. There’s a real work to be done in there.

I hope they address that.

Just for the sake of preserving the overall progression rate of the game, they could adjust gamble rates to offset the increase of nice items received in gambling and/or reduce the gold drop rates a bit. However if I were to guess, the difference is likely only minor and will largely go unnoticed.

With the ladder duration being reduced, shaving a bit of time picking up gold and gambling is probably a good thing anyway.

sure why not. :slight_smile:

no hate but
I don’t give a damn what people ask for when the developer announces a REMASTER that is supposed to stick to the original.

hehe jeah^^
The guy has stamina :stuck_out_tongue:

But they did not stick to the original . They made changes which is causing confusion

1 Like