We need a proper trading currency on the forums if D2R is to succeed

Which should be runes.

If runes are tracked as a currency on the official forums, here could become the best place to trade instead of d2jsp where real money is used to create a fake currency.

We need a proper place to do trades. If it should be here, there should be an incentive for it.

1 Like

An auction house where buy out options are in runes is an even better idea! Trust me spamming people for trades is always fun but time consuming and wasteful! It really would be easier to post item with a buy out price in runes and for classic d2 uhhh runs

1 Like

No money, no forum gold, period.

Runes are already an established base currency for the game.

Items for items. The incentive is already there… You want an item that you don’t have? See what others want for it and go from there. If you don’t have what they want, either try a lowball offer or get back to farming.

What we need is a centralized in game trading post that is easy to browse for and post items.

12 Likes

Forum gold is the best option, take all of the subjection out of it. Make it so that FG cannot be bought for real money or brought in from other games, D2 economy only.

If it it transfers ladder to ladder or you get a Ladder Bank and a Non Ladder bank, that is TBD.

Can’t get forum gold without making a way for it to appear. Nothing would be fair no matter how you try to think of it.

1 Like

without dupes, runes and gems become a terrific currency.

Diablo 2 was partly great back in the day because of real communities. Having HR’s become a symbol of wealth and status(?) on the forums wouldn’t be so bad in that regard.

If anything, WoW classic proved that there is an incentive to create an alter ego within communities. I’ve always considered Diablo 2 to be a good contender to that aspect.

1 Like

Once upon a time, before d2 clone and enigmas, SOJ was the go2 currency.

1 Like

SoJ could be again if they make dclone cost 1 SoJ pr. 1 Annihilus.

or even 2, or 3…I do like the direct cost compared to server wide selling though. Think it makes more sense.

1 soj pr. clone on a ladder without dupes will mean that far from everyone will have an Annihilus by the end of the ladder.

Think about how often you’ve found a soj as well as the fact that people use them, sometimes even 2 of them.

1 lvl 29 unique to spawn clone thats drops a lvl 70 unique is way too cheap. If rather see a different solution to spawning Dclone, we will need our SOJs for trading if duping is controlled.

It’s not too cheap though. Quite the opposite. Especially if SoJ becomes trading value.

No, just no. That aspect is fine, its not suppose to be easy to get a torch or anni

They seem to have excluded the idea of an auction house.

A: Will the “Auction House” feature come back?

Mat: No, not at this time.

And: Looks like we can come up with certainty that Auction House won’t be back in Diablo II: Resurrected.

See:
JagatPlay: Interview with Blizzard (Diablo II: Resurrected)! - Aroged

1 Like

Torch isn’t an issue, it’s easy to farm torches within a day if you have a team.

Dclone’s mechanics likely need to change with the move to bnet2.0.

It’s not really about easy vs hard, I killed dclone a bunch in d2 and had an anni on all my endgame chars, but I want it to still be fun.

Fun is part of what we want right?

1 Like

i hope people are better than needing to use D2jsp. (gonna catch flak for this im sure lol) the game has a perfect trading system already implemented. dont fix something thats not broken… learn how you’re economy works and you will always profit or break even. learn what items are compared to high runes or pgems, experience how long it takes to find high runes, learn cube recipes, ect. ect. its all about drop rates and time invested to find these items, since there will be no bots to generate the mass amount of items you normally would see in the overall economy… (lol … we’ll see about that one) the prices are also going to be different since you have actual players farming the items rather than legions of bots. so essentially what im saying is, you dont need any new trading system. i think it would be a bad idea to change anything loot related, whether that is the way we trade items, or how loot drops in the game (personal loot is a terrible idea) or the stat value of items, pretty much they need to just carbon copy the game and make a few QOL changes in order to not mess up… yeah… that pretty much sums it up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An official trading website with buy and sell orders wouldn’t really fit under the category of “auction house.” An auction house has bidding and timers. You’d really have to have one currency for that to work. Their comment of no auction house doesn’t really exclude the possibility of a trade site that was items for items.

Having an official Blizzard trade site wouldn’t be changing the game since there were third party trade sites 20 years ago. It would just be about creating more accessible and safe trading so we didn’t have to rely on third party tools. I also still think it should include direct trading on the website that doesn’t include just contacting people and trading in-game the way PoE’s outdated trash trading still works. It wouldn’t have to include some new trading currency though, you could just have an items to items trade site where people would use runes as a form of currency.

Having to rely on trade chats and third party sites for trade doesn’t make the game harder or better, it just makes trade inconvenient and obnoxious and full of scammers and people trying to manipulate prices by posting things at prices they have no intention of ever selling at. If you had a trade site where the trades were actually completed via the site, you can eliminate a lot of the scams and price manipulation. For example, if someone posts an item for a price, you then don’t have to worry about trading in-game and having them swap it out for a different item or having the buyer “accidentally” putting the wrong runes into trade etc. You also wouldn’t have to worry about people posting something at a price they don’t intend to sell it at just to try to manipulate the price of the item. You wouldn’t have to whisper a dozen AFK people to try to make a simple trade.

Some developers probably try to justify that as being part of the game. As though scammers are a good thing for the game because it’s somehow a realistic element of the game. That will always just be a lame excuse not to implement a trade system that doesn’t suck. Scammers and slow obnoxious searches for items on third party sites will never be a positive aspect to any ARPG. It continues to be Chris Wilson’s biggest blunder with PoE. Outdated trade systems don’t make your game more hardcore or interesting.

this is literally impossible if everyone either broke even or profited they would be pulling items out of nowhere someone has to lose out for someone else to profit.

If runes would be a good currency it would already worked in D2. It needs more than just an in-game currency to push out d2jsp or other third parties selling curreny or items.

I do agree that it is a good idea to keep the economy within the game and not let real money influence the economy of D2R. But I think it will only be possible if trading would become anonymous.

It is hard because there are a few ways to accomplish this but it will also destroy the trading experience. A system like an anonymous auction house could combat third parties. The problem however is that an auction house completely destroys the thing that made trading fun so you solve one problem and creating a new one.