WD under performing

I would like to preface with writing that the changes to Lakumbas are excellent and exactly what we’ve been asking for. Great work! Also the attention to WD in general this season is appreciated. Arachyrs was undoubtedly our worst performing set.
With that being said, I find it necessary to point out that as of yesterday on the PTR, WD was the only class not doing 150 solo GRs. Not only that, they were 10 GR levels behind the other classes. I think it’s time to reassess the previous nerfs to Munds, a huge favorite and maybe boost the other sets a bit to match.

3 Likes

Perhaps if they make spiders act as pets, this alone could move it up. Though, I hope Arachyr’s continues to work well with firebats as there are just more synergy things with it.

Giving the spiders life totals and not making them pets just is not a logical development decision. The use case scenario just is not there. Allowing them to be buffed by pet effects would certainly help, albeit only slightly, to increase the effectiveness of the build but probably 3 Tiers max.

1 Like

They could do the same for the phantasms for Munds actually.
Edit: it used to work this way before they nerfed Munds two seasons in a row.

1 Like

I read your first sentence and literally was thinking what you added in the edit. I believe the reason they gave was that Munds was “over performing” against the OTHER WD builds. I mean people liked how Munds played, so they played it. Look at GOD DH, people like that speedy build so they play it. It got nerfed heavily and was still the most played DH build.

Some of these nerfs just lead you to understand that the devs have no clue as to what the players actually experience when playing. Sure, they’ve become better but a polished turd is still a piece of crap, amiright?

4 Likes

Exactly. I don’t know anyone who was complaining the Munds was too good. It’s definitely my favorite, and before that it was Jades which played in a similar fashion. The other sets definitely needed help, but nerfing Munds back to back was overkill.

3 Likes

Plus, Munds was the most accessible build for non WD players to get into WD playstyles. WD is definitely a niche playstyle and I think that’s a good thing. Makes it unique that not just anyone can pick it up and play it through like the Barb and DH builds. I love the Barb but not exactly critical thought there.

2 Likes

Actually the build I would really love to see made better, and all it takes is fixing the clash mechanic, is the zombie bear build. Its a lot of fun but, because even a blade of grass can stop the onslaught, it is virtually unplayable on almost every map.

3 Likes

They tried with Spirit Barrage.
Result?
2 consecutive nerfs :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Since a long (very looooong) time, I decided to try a “new” class and level up a GoD DH.

The playstyle is boring as hell for me.
Maybe I’ll keep it for bounties…
Maybe…

But it’s not the subject ^^

Go to play with his Jade WD

I’ll admit that GoD DH is fun while you’re melting enemies but gets old pretty quick. WDs have a lot of interactions and odd mechanics and ways to play that I feel make them far more interesting, if albeit much less powerful, to play.

That said, I usually run Necros and Barbs so a player like me touting the interest level of WDs should really say something. I just personally find it difficult to play the different flavors of WDs without a very detailed guide. This is probably the biggest detractor for the class because it’s so unique.

Spider queen rune of corpse spiders used to be buffed by enforcer and mask of jeram , it was the only rune working with pet multipliers , now it doesnt work anymore? can someone test this?
Old patch notes :

• The Spider Queen summoned by the Spirit of Arachyr (2) Set Bonus now benefits from the +Pet Damage affix
  • Corpse Spiders - Now benefits from the +Pet Damage affix
  • Mimics’ skill damage now gains bonuses from your items

Everyone is just saying “spiders” when referring to Arachyr’s as if none of the other creature skills exist.
This is what I don’t want.
I’m like yes buff the spider interaction but also Frogs and Bogodile, and Bats, Locust anything that can be considered a “Creature” and really WD pets have ben nerfed to the ground and they originally were designed to be a “pet” class.

2 Likes

Read Helm’s post

1 Like

The WD does feel like the neglected poor second cousin.

The arachnid changes if possible seem worse than before they changed it from the toad. The spirit walk and lakumba’s work better with Helltooth, Jade, Zuni’s and Manjumassa.
STILL- there is no balance.

Helltooth, Arachnid and Jade need some work to be competitive with other classes. They have for quite a while now. It is a LONG time since the firebats Helltooth build and that may have been the last noticeable upgrade other than the set one which was almost inconsequential. The zombie charger could have been great but it is a little ‘clunky’

I feel like WD was filling the necro space and then they released the Necro and Necro seems to be the “pet” build. Though currently Monk seems to be pushing the limits with innas but that’s a different topic.