WD Spirit Barrage Phantasms might keep the attack speed multiplier

Many people are assuming that removing pet status from Phantasms will also remove the attack speed multiplier. I don’t think this is intended.

Attack speed multipliers are not exclusive to pets. Tempest Rush Flurry and Chantodos both have attack speed multipliers. If Phantasms keep the attack speed multiplier, the nerf is worth about 5-7 GR levels, which seems more appropriate.

Heaven’s Fury got nerfed by 5 GR levels, so it makes more sense that Blizzard intends to nerf Phantasms by 5-7 GR levels, than 10-15 levels.

Datamined info might be showing that the attack speed multiplier is added as a separate script. This would mean it would remain even when Phantasm is declassified as a pet. Check “Script Formula 28” in the link:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/66666/powers/Witchdoctor_SpiritBarrage

I guess we’ll find out what happens in 2 days. I’m just trying to calm people down. We don’t know exactly what happens with the nerf.

8 Likes

It is not a multiplier for other Spirit Barrage runes. So it is logical that it shouldn’t be for phantasms rune either.

Except if there is an added script that adds the multiplier for the Phantasm rune.

2 Likes

I don’t say it is completely impossible just seems non-logical to me.

You know I took a look at that code again and noticed one thing it says ‘AS Multiplier for Explosion’. While atm attack speed is a multiplier for phantasm damage accumulation stage too. Weird

The thing is, I’d say if the attack speed still works, the build will still be OP in 4p (OP enough to easy clear 150), and if it doesn’t, it’ll struggle to clear 150, because in 4p, attack speed is roughly a ~×4 multiplier, which is almost 9 levels worth of damage.

1 Like

That is because without the Barber it explodes every 0.5 seconds right away. When the Barber is equipped it stores each explosion and releases it as an unmodified explosion.

1 Like

Yes that makes sense. If Blizz keep attack speed multiplier then the nerf might be not so bad for wd and let them remain a trashkiller in meta. Although with way less efficiency of course.

I think the PTR should inform. I recall that there was alot of doom and gloom that the change to the 6 piece set bonus of Mundunugu’s Regalia. I think that it is fair to say that the build ended up very strong.

One thing to consider: current WD has no need for area damage to demolish trash at GR 150. I wouldn’t count out WD facerolling 150 after the nerf by adding area damage to their gear to replace the lost dps from the nerf.

Area damage already works with Phantasm. The reason it’s not used is because damage doesn’t get accumulated with the Barber, missing out on the 500% bonus damage. Changing Phantasm is not going to make Area Damage worth using.

Script Formula 9: 30
MAX Active Barrages

imo. they could increase that to give more of a damage boost. move it up to 100 and (pew) (pew). LOL
~no they are not going to do that, i’m just being sarcastic. LOL

My predictions were correct. Phantasms still have the attack speed multiplier on the PTR: Twitch

3 Likes

I wonder where that leaves it.

Maybe barber, thing of the deep for pickup radius to keep grave injustice and I’m not positive but does pain enchancer also pickup radius buffs like think of the deep? Perhaps frostburn which won’t help pulls much, zeis, trapped, pain enhancer, with no rorg, witching hour, and keep CoE. Running zombie dogs and early pops to get in oculus and trying to get in 5 stacks of sacrifice.

Just spitballin.

So how does the pet status removal affect the cubing and gem choice ? I assume no mask of Jeram and no enforcer, but that’s about it.

Use Frostburn in Cube and exchange Enforcer with Pain Enchancer.

You loose about 2-5 Grift depending on your Paragon lvl…