WD Nerf to new set

I have plaid witch doctor since the start of my D3 career and they have been crapped on for so many seasons its I’m starting to get disgusted with D3. Blizzard give the witch doctor a new build to compete in high GR in solo and 2+ parties. This is just a down right blow to the mid section and quite frankly I’m about to just all together quit D3 and hope D4 reignites my love for diablo. Blizzard you really need to do a lot more to keep witch doctors relevant. Very unhappy with these changes!

2 Likes

Don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

This is a PTR and a PTR for a reason. They are testing. Doesn’t mean things will go live. WD needed the nerf. Don’t pretend it didn’t.

Yet another compassionate member of the forums, spoken like a true WD enthusiast with a whopping 5% of your game time spent on WD. Don’t worry though, your fav class\build will be brought up to snuff then get hit by the nerf hammer soon enough.

Perhaps check OP’s profile and see 60% of his time spent is on this 1 class. Perhaps he is correct in that WD has been out of range from the rest of the classes for how many seasons now?

Sure, other classes have been scalped in the past however they normally have their time in the spotlight for a couple seasons then trimmed back, not outright neutered.

Albeit, at this point it is still pre-PTR, they need to adjust this nerf otherwise WD will be back to last place yet again.

4 Likes

With WD’s soloing GR 150 in non-season and recent history (nerfs to thorns necromancer GR 147, nerf to wizard GR 148, nerf to crusader GR 150 (fury shield), another nerf to crusader GR 150 (animation cancelling), and crusaders GR 150 yet again (Patch 2.6.9, fury shield), this was to be expected.

The nerf though should be appropriate (not an overnerf). Personally, I would have targeted MoJ 6 piece damage bonus (cut in half, 4.5 GRs) as a starting point.

Honestly what they need to rework is the pylons, is so game breaking … No pylons at all in Grs would nerf things appropriately imo and not cripple how fun the builds on their own can be. Any build with insane main stat can clear the highest of lvls, though not everyone is there Paragon 4000+

LOL. My favorite class is DH. The class neglected the most and we got a stinker of a set coming. Try that WD pity party somewhere else.

What have we here, a DH fanboy who comes to the WD forum and tells a WD main to take his pity party elsewhere. LOL to you champ.

3 Likes

Well hello! Welcome to the WD forum section.

When you start playing WD, come and we will help you with any doubts.

Now crawl back to DH forum. Thx.

2 Likes

Yeah, on paper, this sounds like a pretty massive nerf though to SB. It’ll be interesting to see how much it actually is in the PTR. But this sounds rough.

Love how you’ve decided that it sucks before even playing it. I’m going to LMAO if it turns into an OP monster like SB did.