WD Feed Back PTR 2.7.4

(post deleted by author)

Does any1 know / tested how new Gargs power (summon 2 instead of 1) is going to interact with Short Man’s Finger? Does it mean we will have 6 gargs?

Yes, you get 6 gargs.

Because they don’t know how pet classes should work. It can be played passive or active, they just need to provide the options, for us to choose. If i want to hang back and buff the pets, de buff the enemies, so my minions could obliderate the whole map, i should be able to do it. If i want to be in the thicc of things, fighting and haveing pets as support, i should be able to do it. This duality of pet classes are none existent. Pets deal no dmg even you buff them whit every tool you have. And this new power made them even more useless. Atleast Garg swarm was good for something WDs lack. A smooth speed farming option.

1 Like

It’s only this game, too. The game with not one, but two pet classes. The game where they think it’s all a joke, giving pet status to non pet class entities.

Someone must have had a real banger on the Rathma redesign.

“Let’s give them 18 pets……”
“Oh yeah?”
“……to lower their cooldown with! Hahahahahaha”

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Well WD is clearly broken again, we’ve got a new batch of low paragon 150’s on the PTR using spider set with the “patched” Haunt item. :person_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

They get 25,000 damage bonus for the nados from the set, then the effect of the bogodile lol. Everthing just explodes. Im going to try that set next.

Currently #1 wd solo didn’t use Arachyr set. LoD was used

Bogadile is Bugged so shut the Mimimi Pls. It Onehits even Riftguardians, sometimes it does nothing and so on…will be Patched.

1 Like

anything that helps bogadile damage is going to crush it right now

I just played with the updated patch. I like the new Garg/Dogs option.

You get 6 Gargs now with the Small Finger ring. When using the Spite mojo, Gargs have Humongoid’s cleaving and Restless Giant by default. With the Bruiser rune, you also get a 3 second stun. That’s a lot of power, especially now that ROE can buff the pets.

The changes to Sacrifice now provide a better option against single targets (bosses/elites). And all these pets provide better meat-shielding.

Also, I’m not seeing the lag I saw over the week-end, although maybe that was because it was the week-end, not that Gargs with LS (Locust Swarm) are laggy. Maybe.

YMMV, but I like these updates to the PTR for Gargs so far. I will do more playing around to see if it’s really as good as it feels right now.

EDIT: The play is a little less passive, as now you have to apply LS yourself instead of having the Gargs do it. It’s a little thing, but I like it, I feel a little more engaged in the gameplay.

1 Like

Homunculus is such a cool legendary but the WD has so many cool mojos it’s hard to fit it in. Awesome that we get that effect for free with this power and still have room to further mix and match that slot.

I need to get better gear to evaluate the strength, but I’m mostly happy with the mechanics. Need to play around with it some more.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

That was more or less my feedback when they made the change. It felt then, and now, like they just wanted an easy, convenient way to give the class a much needed damage buff. In no respect do I like it being attached to an immunity item.

When you add in multiple doggies Tall Mans Finger does way more damage than it’s tooltip suggests. The problem is opportunity cost because if you use both pet rings and ROE you run out of hands. COE and RoRG are then begging for attention, and generally rightfully so.

At the end of the day, the core problem has become too many WD needs have been offloaded from skills and runes to items.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

On live, with a LOD build, sacrificing a buffed doggie with TMF does considerably less damage than the pet would do had it simply attacked.

My solution to this, and most D3 problems, is to buff the skill in question. Some of the damage values in this game are archaic. Burning dogs, for instance, is 80% WD. When the balancing went from skills to sets and items it created this chain reaction of problems.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I tried making a garg gank group with the short man finger, pet damage items, etc, but they couldn’t really keep up past around gr90 effectively. Still needed the spiders to kill most of the stuff. Nice helpers though.

Also tried Jade, something I literally have not played in years. Seems ok for an old set? Did a 115 before it felt like it was getting not so fun.

Mungu is crazy fun. I took out the bogadile rune. It actually speeds things up because you don’t have to sit through the bogadile swallowing and spitting up animation.

Going to try Zuni and a couple LoD builds tomorrow.