[WD 2.7.1 suggestion] Evening out the Effigy

Introduction
Hi,

Yes, I know it’s early but what was the saying again? Something about birds and worms… :grinning:

I am really grateful that, in this lifestage of the game, our beloved WD got a brand new item, Ursua’s Trodden Effigy.
With the multiplier to the Zombie Charger skill it is now possible to adjust the damage of this skill in future patches to match it with our top build.

However, the second part of the legendary affix pigeonholes us to use the skill rune Zombie Bears. Granted, it is a fun rune but there are also other cool looking runes.

Suggestion
I would really love to see the multiplier to Zombie Charger increased, this has been addressed by numerous people on the PTR Forum.

For the second part of the legendary affix I would really love to see it get the Augustine’s Panacea (legendary quiver) treatment, meaning different effects for the different skill runes.

I would go like this:

• Pile on: Whenever you cast Pile On you automatically cast another one

• Undeath: The cap is removed/increased to X

• Lumbering Cold: Can now be cast at target location

• Explosive Beast: The explosion radius is increased by your pick up radius

• Zombie Charger: Now summons 8 bears that travel farther

Motivation
Pile On is a little bit slow to cast due to the build up, with a free one we can mitigate that a little.

Undeath is ofcourse the one true Zombie Charger rune. However, I think this skill rune would be more playable if the on kill proc gets changed to on hit (more on that in another upcoming topic (yes, you will hear a lot more of me in the coming weeks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)). The cap of 2 is to low. Not sure if removing the cap alltogether will be to powerful.

Lumbering Cold has this nice little donuthole in the middle which makes it hard to target from the WD and the range is also small, casting it on target will give use more possibilities and due to the donuthole it will still be a little bit of a pain to aim.

Explosive Beast. 12 yards from skill, 5 yards from paragon, 16 yards from items (don’t think we will use Rondal’s Locket) which makes it a total of 33 yards excluding Thing of the Deep, 53 yards including Thing of the Deep.
Sorry, I just love big explosions :heart_eyes:.
If it’s to powerful maybe you could half it like the Necromancer does with some of the skills or cap it on, say 35 yards.

To my fellow WD players
I would love to hear your suggestions for this new mojo.

some small print
Unfortunately English is not my native language so hopefully my ramblings are understandable. I am not a mathematician so I cannot say how much the Zombie Charger damage modifier should be increased to and if the skill runes need damage adjustments as well. Hopefully other WD players will chime in on this

5 Likes