Vyrs mashing 1 key

This can be said for other builds than vyrs but having to constantly press 1 key in archon form is not only annoying, but physically painful to do for long lengths of time that most players probably use auto key presser where they can hold it down and it’ll spam press the key. Especially for vyrs this should be built into the game already. As far as multiple keys pressed on 1 button that’s totally different. But I think some functions of macros, turbohud should be built into the game naturally like what was done with focus/restraint functions etc years ago or showing where a dungeon exit is if it’s relatively close by or bounties that still don’t accurately show arrows to your objective which was supposed to be fixed at least a few times

5 Likes

Cooldown is .667 seconds or so. So it’s roughly 30 stacks. That’s a substantial amount. Not pressing it would greatly affect your gaming experience. Use the num lock trick, or risk it and use software. A D3 mouse was sold that was macro enabled. Just saying

I wish the game had some advanced options like that as well. Or didn’t have a cool down that was .667 seconds… perhaps it should be engineered a bit differently.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be mashing the blast in Archon. It is better to time the blast every 0.5 seconds. This will reduce your strain and give you more Archon stacks. I hope that helps.

You can get about 40 more stacks per Archon. It is worthwhile damage, attack speed, and toughness. If you are doing T16 or lower level greater rifts, it might not matter. It will help in the higher greater rifts.

3 Likes

Reason #239 to hate Vyrs set.

lol. even using karin i can pretty comfortably clear 117 solo every run…consistently…so especially compared to alot of solo classes its leaps and bounds ahead as far as solo xp/gem upgrades…obviously playing an ok monk you should able to 139 with no problems either…till you realize theres a big difference from 10 minute 139s to 141-150 runs…LOL…I look at every season as a learning experience anyway…I certainly was nowhere 140 in groups or 120 solo DH last season. So theres always more things to learn and perfect…

Honestly, macro it. They won’t ban you for playing a set that’s physically damaging to play normally. They even changed a set that had similar mechanics in the past - monkey kings garb - for the exact same reason.

1 Like

Every single thing you said is wrong. 40 stacks is significant; 40 stacks is the difference between 4 ap/s and 5 ap/s. Stop trolling :frowning:

1 Like

HP increases 1.17x per GR.

3 GRs is 1.17^3 = 1.6x more HP. So you need 60% more damage to clear, not double.

Roughly 5 GRs is double HP (1.17^5= 2.2x HP). So a little under 5 GRs for double damage / 100% more damage.

That’s not how that works. You need the inverse of that, can’t just subtract them. It’s actually (300/220)*100 - 1= 35.4% more damage.

That’s about 2 GRs: ln(1.354)/ln(1.17) = 1.93. So 35.4% more DPS is approximately 2 GRs of damage.

That’s just from the stack damage modifier though. You are forgetting something else. Attack speed. When you are at 5 APS, your damage scales linearly with your stack count. However, Chantodo’s damage scales with attack speed. If you are under 5 APS, your DPS output scales more than linearly with your stack count. Chantodo’s DPS is APS*(1 + stacks). With only 110 stacks entering Archon, you’ll have considerably less than 5 APS at the start of your Archon, as well as when single-stacked. That’s a big loss in Chantodo’s APS multiplier over the duration of your Archon. You can’t just look at peak stack count, you need to look at your average stack count/APS over your Archon rotation.

Also if you have less than 5 APS, you gain on-hit stacks slower. So at lower stack count, you gain less on-hit stacks too. Less stacks early in Archon = slower snowball = less stacks later in Archon. Same as above, with 110 stack to enter Archon, you’ll be considerably under 5 APS for a large portion of your Archon rotation. That could end up being another 10+ potential on-hit stacks lost. 5 APS * 20 sec = 100 potential on-hit stacks, 4 APS * 20 sec = 80 stacks, if you hover in between 4 and 5 APS you’ll get somewhere between 80 and 100 stacks instead of the potential 100 stacks you could get if you were maxed at 5 APS the whole time.

Finally, there’s the toughness factor. Less stacks = less toughness.

I can appreciate what you are trying to say: it’s probably only a few GRs worth of damage. But between the Chantodo’s APS multiplier, fewer on-hit stacks with lower APS, and less toughness, it’s more than you might think. Can you get away without the blast? Sure. But I wouldn’t recommend it.

And your math is just wrong.

8 Likes

Heh no need to argue about it guys. I mean I cleared 119 with karin and no cheat death passsive and can pretty consistently clear 117s… playing with coe is an entirely different situation where I still struggle but like every season I try to at least get better playing with what I like and with about 40 hours playing on monk I’ve gotten some decent non fishy clears…135 in 2s and 140 in 3 were pretty close but managed to squeeze a few levels lower…and managed to get top 100 on dh. Overall just looking forward to next season.

Did this person really just delete 3 previous posts on the topic and then continue talking smack?

4 Likes

Lol. It’s all good…I try to surround myself with positive players when im doing something wrong they help with whatever I’m not doing so great…and for some part of the season I try to the same. Help new players get gear etc. Especially running support classes like zmonk or stunlock wd/crusader in early seasons I’ve done this too but some people have higher experience in certain builds which is more reason to watch videos on YouTube and get good advice.

So what’s your solution for Crusader’s Condemn build that shares the same problem with Archon’s arcane blast ability? Don’t press the only ability that deals damage in that build? :thinking:

People have been asking Blizzard to change the mechanics of these abilities for a long time now and they just ignore it. It would be nice if these abilities can be automatically cast as fast as possible when the button is held down like every other attack ability, but no these abilities are cast with significant delay if you just hold down the button and holding down another button like force-move would interrupt it. It’s unnecessarily unfriendly to players and entirely Blizzard’s fault.

1 Like