Vyr Chantodo issue

I am looking for all help that I can here. I have tried a multitude of different variants of this build to try to push through GRs… My damage seems to pale in comparison to my friends Monk, or Barb who just hit 70 and about 100 paragon. I have 700 now, and I struggle to kill GR rift guardians after 80… I did a 97 last night, and it took me about 30 deaths, and 15-20 minutes on the guardian alone… They are flying through 100s and higher. Any reason why my damage is so low on guardians? I cannot seem to get the damage out, and I have NO idea what I am doing wrong. I also cannot even kill Diablo on T16. I don’t do ANY damage to him. 20 chantodo stacks, and 100 plus archon stacks, and still do no damage to bosses.
Any help would be greatly appreciated here you geniuses! :slight_smile:

EDIT: I think I was looking at the wrong wizard in your profile. Are you talking about your seasonal wizard? I was looking at your non-seasonal. I’ll leave my original post anyway. Maybe it’ll still be useful?

Original Post: You should have no problem doing a GR100 in under 5 minutes with your gear.

I think your big issue is survivability. There’s a couple small issues, but you really shouldn’t be dying 30 times in a rift. You should be running Halo of Karini (+ Storm Armor: Power of the Storm instead of Energy Armor).

You should also switch your bracers to Blood Bracers. And switch Unwavering Will to Galvanizing Ward.

Those two changes will make you about 8-10x as tanky as you are now. And no, that’s not an exaggeration. I literally mean you’ll be able to take 8-10x as many hits with those two changes.

You really can’t afford to die with Vyr’s. More so than other builds. Dying means you lose your stacks. And your stacks is where all your damage and toughness comes from. Your goal should be to not die at all. Zero deaths per rift. You can get away with the odd death with other builds. Not so with Vyr’s.

If you’re dying a lot, switch to a high toughness variant of the build. That means Karini + Blood Bracers + Galvanizing Ward. As you get more comfortable with the build, you can think about switching up some things (e.g. Nemesis bracers instead of Blood Bracers for speed rifts), but that should be your starting point.

There’s some minor things, like you are missing a damage multiplier from your amulet. Should either be Squirt’s Necklace or the full Endless Walk set (you are just wearing Traveller’s Pledge, need Compass Rose too). Pain Enhancer is also useless. That should either be Boon of the Hoarder (for T16), Bane of the Powerful (for lower level speed GRs), or Bane of the Stricken (for high GRs). You could also use Esoteric Alteration instead for more toughness, but that only works in low- and mid-level GRs. Eventually you’ll get to the point where you need Stricken to progress.

You were looking at my non seasonal wizard. The one with the primals lol.
I have squirts, blood bracers, storm armor. I can get through the GR, but the rift guardian melts through me like a hot knife through butter, and it takes FOREVER to kill it… 20 stacks on Chantodo, pop archon at cold tick on CoE and I cant even see the health drop on the guardian it is so slow. I can make it to the Rift Guardian in about 6 minutes, but once I am on him, it takes me more than 10 minutes to get him down. I have no idea where my damage went, but it is not there on bosses for some reason.

I’m wondering, why won’t you roll 20% Cold damage on your bracers?

Select The Furnace as your cube weapon. Also, swap out 2-3 yellow gems for purples.

He doesn’t have enough CDR to do that. He has barely any CDR on his gear. If he’s going to drop Messerschmidt’s, he’ll need a lot more CDR.

Also, you don’t need the Furnace to clear a GR100. That’s well below Furnace territory. There’s a point where you start needing Furnace to progress, but he’s not there yet.

For speed rifts, running Furnace just slows you down. There’s not much point in running Furnace for GR100, which should be speed rift territory even below 800 paragon. Things that help you move faster (e.g. Aether Walker) or improve your Archon uptime (e.g. In-Geom or Messerschmidt’s) are better choices for fast rifts. There’s a point where DPS isn’t the limiting factor and it starts coming down to how quickly you can move through the rift. GR100 is in that territory.

Survivability is OP’s biggest issue IMO.

Good catch. You need cold damage on your bracers.

Do you keep Karini up vs. the RG? That’s probably why you are dying a ton to the RG. You need to move away from the RG periodically to refresh Karini. You’ll probably have enough toughness when you are double-stacked that you might be able to afford to let it drop, but you really want to have Karini up when you’re out of Archon. And also when you’re single-stacked. If you don’t, you’re going to get one-shot.

Your DPS sucks against the RG because you keep dying and losing your stacks. If you can stay alive, your DPS will improve considerably. You do about 10x more effective DPS when you get rolling with double-stacks and 5 APS. If you die and res, you’re doing less than 10% of the DPS you should be. Low stacks = low damage multiplier and low attack speed. It’s a vicious cycle. You can’t afford to die.

Another option to speed up the RG kill is to drop Powerful for Bane of the Stricken. You shouldn’t need that below GR100 though. I think your bigger issue is just staying alive.

Thank you all for the replies. I will happily work on rolling cold damage on my bracers. I recently cleared a 107 this weekend, but 110 is impossible to clear in the time frame. I have tried a multitude of varied options and gear, but I just don’t dish out the damage enough to drop the mobs… Seems like when I am hitting the mob with the little punch, my blast wave does not hit… Is this the case? Should I be just hitting a little and moving around letting the blast waves hit? Or am I just crazy?