Video Freeze but no error

Video freezes when loading certian maps in Rifts, and commonly has same problem in the duguar osasis; Loading screen locks, can still hear sound of footsteps and actions. Alt-Tab Gets me a black-screen and I have to portal to town to get video back. Everywhere else works fine; I’ve considered the possiblity of my 7year old laptop being unsuported…No Error Codes occur and i can resume play by going to town and alt-tab out and back to the game.

Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements:

Install the latest drivers:

(Are you using AMD video card? If yes, use the latest driver even its name has “beta”.)

If problem continues, try switching to 32-bit client in the launcher’s settings.

If you need further assistance, better to include a DxDiag report:

According to the list, my Graphics driver is supported; near the bottom, but is there; 90%+ of my gameplay is fine, Went to AMD’s Sight and Downloaded both 32 and 64bit I believe; I suspect Majority of my issue is the program itself no-longer supports my older hardware; Happend with WoW on my 11year old Desktop; and my laptop here is about 7years; Anyway…The Catalyst control and crimson beta seems to not want to load the control manager window; doesn’t seem to show in my Taskmanager, could be in the background…Still have the same problem; was in a public rift the other day(after downloading, installing and restarting system) Loading screen froze while atempting to go from level 1 to 2 of a Rift.

Still haven’t seen your DxDiag report. Just from your reply, you are using a legacy AMD video. Which model? For HD xxxx models, the latest version is “Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta” which works for many players.

Make sure you have a clean installation. You may want some tools, such as DDU, as described in this blue post: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/constantly-freezing-on-startup/2221/2

The D3 32-bit client may work better on old hardware. If problem continues, you may switch to 32-bit client on the launcher:

I swear I filed a ticket, submited the DxDiag and MSInfo…had to upload…yet Theres no tickets in my list Most likely Legacy 2007 Toshia AMD Quad-Core 4GB DDR3 ram Shared 1.5 Integrated Video, Could be time to do a Factory restore, or save my pennies and maybe I’ll have enough for a new desktop in a few decades; I’ll try to remember to switch to 32bit and see if that makes a diffrence; With the problem seeming to be random; could be some time before i can say one way or the other…And on digging into my computer(I’ve looked up AMD’s site and gone through all that) I have an AMD A6-3420M with RAdeon HD 6520G Display Adapter

I’m just a player, not a support. I can’t read your DxDiag unless you post it on the forum.

I guessed you have AMD video in my first reply because you had mentioned Act 2 map, which is a common problem for legacy AND cards.

The crimson beta driver should solve the issue, otherwise the 32-bit client shall.

As you have entered a ticket, if problem continues, you may chase support via the ticket system.

Good luck.

It’s most likely as you said, a legacy hardware problem; You’ve probably helped the same if not better than support would anyway. Direct me to the Manufacture…I think my Laptops due for a tear-down and good cleaning internally as well as a Factory restore again; with plans to consider a new desktop in the future. Thanks again for your help; I don’t really know what im looking at in the Diag & MSInfo files; I have them saved…but still abit old-school…like Diablo2 Open/Offline…Lol. not much change. Still gotta fix ourselves and alot better monitoring for Ill-intent. Anyway; thanks again…and I can post the info. Just not sure what sections of the near 25mb combined files…with my 3mb/s Internet Service; Thats alotta’ time loading…

If DxDiag.txt is not too big, you may paste it in the reply enclosed by “code” tags; like this:

[code]
paste dxdiag.txt here
[/code]

If it is big, you may upload to some sharing site, such as https://pastebin.com/, and paste the link in your reply.

I’m not an expert of it, but I’ll try my best.
I don’t need the MsInfo, don’t post it here unless a support tell you to.