Topic Deleted **********

Only way the RCR would be beneficial enough is if you’re running Crimson; otherwise, the native generation is more than enough to maintain resource.

That’s funny coming for you who have been claiming certain barb builds got stronger than they really were because of wall charging exploits. I can clearly remember you being very vocal about how unfair and horrible it was.

Unintended or not, if it’s showing that they are outperforming by a mile, then it should be looked at.

From the looks of it it’s not over performing right now. If there is indeed something fishy with valla it could be fixed if this something blizzard thinks should not happen in the game.

Well, if valla is acting up, it’s currently okay to fix it, because the other versions of it seem to be doing quite fine without valla.

Those versions of the build is perfectly within the parameters of the top builds.

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t use it because, at first glance, I realized the set doesn’t really use Strafe as a damage-dealer; more of a positioning tool, like WW/Rend. Reading that Valla is (potentially/allegedly) bugged does not change my mind. I like my setup better.

See this post for information on this topic.

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

Thank you for this. People running around claiming things are “op” is exactly how things get unfairly nerfed. I ran into the same mentalities in modded Minecraft (bandwagoning in regards to “efficient reactors”) and it seems like no one is actually willing to find out for themselves what works, or how; they just want a shortcut to the leaderboard, and use the old monkey-see, monkey-do approach without ever bothering to investigate whether the claims are true or not.

If a build actually is overperforming, bugged, etc, etc, then that should be investigated and corrected. Where I draw the line is when people just say it is, just to remove competition, or because they simply don’t understand the subject.

Game’s buggered enough already without people getting it twisted. >_>

Agreed on the no class left behind point, but specifically trying to force multiplayer teams in order to clear all content is not the way to go about it. A player’s skill and power should determine whether or not s/he can clear endgame content, not whether or not the developers want players straight-jacketed into a planned 4-member team with absolutely every stat controlled by streamers.

There is a big difference between balance and fair play, and some committee of control-hungry suits trying to decide how best to force us to play their way.

1 Like

I am guessing that there is some interaction going on with area damage and Valla’s Bequest. Or the strafe projectile hits more mobs and causes greater density.

Could be placebo, but jury is still out.

Bad example is bad.

The wall charging exploit didn’t make that build OP, it made it barely capable of competing at the lower end of “high clears”.

However, it was used to say that that those clears should not be considered as high when thinking about balance. Of course, this assertion was proved to be wrong as the top Era 11 clear of GR 135 did not use wall charging at all. There is a youtube video.

Way to completely miss the point… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Still, it was an exploit that was making it stronger, it was bad then for them.

If this was an exploit that made GoD a lot stronger than it really should be, then shouldn’t the same distaste for it apply?

1 Like

Depends, my distaste for wall charging was that it was boring AF and made for terrible gameplay. But that would probably be different to Free’s point, and different again to other peoples points.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I’ve made no such comment, but you can stop replying to me, as you’re just getting flagged.

3 Likes

Still, exploit as exploit, but if it’s not an exploit, then we’re just looking at a very powerful build.

Given what iria said further up the thread, there might not be any weird interaction at all, then we should ask ourselves how strong it should be.

It may not be as strong as spirit barrage was right off the bat, but it is certainly way above what it should be able to do.

1 Like

It could be, but not sure anyone has proven either way if it is or not, guess there need to be some more testing to prove that one way or the other.

Is it though? If it takes a 12K paragon player to do 150…

Lack of playtime at the moment, but I’ve run a few GR100’s with it, seems quick moving and enough damage, but also seems very squishy at times, albeit in my badly itemised gear.