Topic Deleted **********

According to someone on DH forum they are only clearing this high because of paragon. They seem to think the Valla weapon does not work with strafe :confused:

OMG!!! time for incoming nerf

Wudijo tested this on his stream today Valla’s does not increase pierce of strafe and so it is useless for GoD set.

9 Likes

I also already did a video on this a few hours ago on the DH forums. There’s no benefit from using Valla’s Bequest in terms of more pierces or strafe damage % effecting generators, much like buriza with NCS.

There’s also a guy with high paragon using calamity that cleared. We also know Calamity is broken and is really bad, but with enough paragon and keys, you can even slot spike traps on your bar and clear decent.

This is why you usually look at those on the LB that have high clears with significantly less relative paragon, as that’s closer to reality on what really works and those players tend to be more skilled.

8 Likes

Sh.t, so buriza doesn nothing either? :confused:

On the DH forums, a few of us collaborated for one giant test thread that covers every mechanical detail pertaining to the new set and it’s workings. You can find this in the link below.

5 Likes

Didnt he also say that both Valla’s and Buriza resulted in more dmg? He just didn’t know why/how. Might be wrong about this since I didn’t catch the entire stream.

#1 and #2 in EU now also use Valla. Both insane paragon but the highest so far with God set was a Buriza DH.

Think of it this way…

Folks are using Fortress Ballista which offers no increase in damage, only defense.

Valla’s will do the same. No increase in damage. So basically they’re running a Fortress Ballista build without the shield from actually using Fortress Ballista.

Their high paragon is enough to explain how they clear so high and Valla’s has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

The end result of many testing Valla’s Bequest is that it has some wonky interaction with strafe’s frames. Since Strafe’s frames are already all over the place, it is believed that the pierced strafe’s projectile (not the generator shot by it) may produce another generator. This theory was really hard to replicate, but it has happened.

What we do know is that the strafe’s % damage on Valla’s Bequest as well as it’s pierce has no effect on GoD6’s generator shots from strafe. This has been proven in videos in clips from various streams, as well as my own.

The same goes for Buriza. Buriza however has a higher base damage, and since attack speed has no effect on strafed generators, then technically a 2hxbox will naturally deal more damage if you wear it.

Bringing extremely high paragon clears into the mix makes it a little wonky because usually those guys have enough keys to get a dream rift (festering, missile dampening dragging, conduit, power pylons) and Flavor of Time on those dream rifts really skew results as that becomes more important than the actual build you are running at that point.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, none of those guys recorded their clears. Because of how inconsistent testing results have been in controlled environments, it’s almost impossible to know how much of an effect a random mechanic may have.

If those clears consisted of those guys killing 4+ elites with a single conduit, dragged missile dampening, or power pylon at boss, then it really doesn’t matter much which weapon option they chose because the dream rift did most of the work. Because of this, we can’t conclude that the reason for their clears is due to a particular weapon choice since there are many variations that are also clearing really high.

I do agree though that blizzard really should have looked at this set and it’s interactions more thoroughly before release :confused:

3 Likes

Pylons can spawn without progression, specifically at the start of a rift, but that’s besides the point.

Given the nature of this build which shines in density due to uncapped pierces, anyone with absurd amount of paragon that can afford to remove affixes off gear and slot over 150% area damage will mop the floor with pulled trash, regardless of what variation of the build that person decides to with.

This build is a bit different than others because it’s the only one that can take advantage of an elite affix that can replicate the power of a conduit pylon. Because HA pierces are uncapped, you can technically drag a single missile dampening yellow across an entire festering or battlefield and obliterate everything in it in mere seconds, again, regardless of weapon choice. This is a very important detail one can’t ignore.

In my personal experience, i have not been able to replicate the same success as ive had using odyssey end. Currently on the US, im the only one with a relatively high clear under 4k paragon (those around me have double, triple and even quadruple my paragon), and i haven’t even decided to push yet, so i have some experience with how to utilize the set.

All in all im not saying that vallas bequest isn’t doing “something”, but what i am saying is that we can’t conclude the effectiveness of a weapon that we can’t consistently replicate it’s power in a controlled testing environment. There’s just way too many factors in a rift. That’s why a video would be really nice to have so that we can break down frame by frame and compare it to other videos, maybe ruling out godlike rift rng.

Evidence atm suggest that this guy probably could have cleared that same GR with any other weapon. That same guy cleared a 145 on PTR with a different weapon variant.

6 Likes

You are right, until we find out that it does something I will stick with the fortress, at least we know that does something :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just hypothetcially then, what if the GoD set was coded to do this:

The set says “Strafing against enemies” - what if that has been coded to fire the last generator used every time an enemy is hit by strafe?

If so, wouldn’t Valla’s Bequest increase the number of generators firing?

Just a thought. Not sure if this is the case, or intended.

That would be way too noticeable; the game would lag like crazy in density since you would fire an enormous number of projectiles.

Also, it was reported that Rocket Storm has the same effect as Valla’s on that abnormal rate of fire and doesn’t stack with Valla’s. So Rocket Storm could become the meta and you don’t need Valla’s if this turns out to be a bigger deal.

You’re probably right, I was just thinking out loud. :slight_smile:

The above quote is extremely important when considering/analyzing end-game GR clears. I really hope folks stop and think before crying for nerfs. The last thing DHs need is nerfs.

15 Likes

Playing with a 2h xbow Buriza, Manticore, etc – particularly one rolled with life per hit, felt stronger and just as safe as running dual wielding Dawn/Fotress Ballista.

1 Like

I think Wudijo did some testing yesterday. I don’t know the details but I just heard that something to do with Valla’s also applies to Rocket Storm. The issue is that the tests were not reproducible with consistency so it isn’t clear what the effect is.

3 Likes

The hypothesis atm is that the strafe itself piercing might trigger another projectile on hit under certain circumstances. Since rocket storm also fires projectiles, the theory is that it would have the same effect if the above is true.
The only time in which testers have been able to replicate an extra projectile at all was with using 2 wizards in pvp and slow time, and even then it wasn’t always the case.

With that said, it’s difficult to come to a conclusion because strafe itself is inconsistent. Look at his clip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentVibrantCheeseHassanChop

As you can see clearly, the fire rate changed on the fly, randomly. Sometimes you saw 4 shots a second, and other times, 5 without changing anything at all. Then if the target is moving, the shots are very random, albeit more consistent if you strafe weave cuz then you force it at a BP.

With this said, there are times where you’ll enter a rift and happen to get strafe to shoot faster on it’s own. Other times, you’ll get the slower version, meaning your results per rift will change based on something you can’t control or replicate. It’s a bug atm.

I know people are wanting a concrete conclusion, but atm it’s just not possible with all the variances of strafed generators itself. We’re still hard at it trying to figure it all out.

6 Likes