Upgrading rare item

hi i want to get the swamp land waders for monk, so i bought some rare pants from kadala and switched to my lvl 1 witch doctor acc, and i cant upgrade the pants. it says transmute failed. it is on the right page, it is lvl 70 pants and it is not crafted!

Do the pants have “reduced level requirement” affix?
If yes, get anther pants that don’t have.

Otherwise, post a screenshot to show what you have put into the cube.
Upload it to some sharing site, such as imgur.com. Paste the link, highlight the link and click the </> button to make it preformatted text.

Another possibility is that you have insufficient crafting materials. When you click the button to add the crafting mats, check to see if any of their text is red, signifying insufficient amount.

Also, just to be clear, you can use crafted rare items for this recipe.

1 Like

your witch doctor has to be the minimum level of the pants in order to upgrade them if im not mistaken. I could be wrong as ive never tried to upgrade yellows as a level 1 for a level 70

Nope, even a level one character can upgrade rares to legendaries in the cube. The resulting item will, of course, remain level 70, but you can still extract the power or use the Gem of Ease to remove the level requirement.

2 Likes

Ah, k. Cuz i know if you want to get specific items you can level yourself to that items level and have a higher chance of getting it

Yes, but in that situation, you are gambling shards with Kadala, not upgrading rares. And usually you do this only if you plan on extracting the power of that item in the cube, since when you gamble shards with Kadala, you will end up with an item that is the same level as your character.