Upgrading from the Starter Edition

Hello.

I purchased D3 Battle Chest last week. Current status marked as complete so I assume it means my transaction has been verified.

Before making a purchase I played the Starter Edition to try the game out.

Now after logging in and starting the game I see the level I’ve reached and all the items I’ve collected before, but all the achievements are gone.
So basically I have to start from the very beginning like a new player but at the same time with a character already upgraded to a higher level? It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Isn’t upgrading (purchasing) means our progress is carried over from the a demo version to the full game?

Thank you.

You can change the progress on the Game Settings menu (under the Resume Game button). You just need to redo the last quest.

If you stopped at Skeleton King, just need to kill him again to open a hidden door. From there, you can continue the campaign.

If you have any question about the game, you are welcome to ask on New Player Help forum.

1 Like

Hello, I have the same error 300016 after killing twice the skeleton king … what can I do to upgrade to act II,etc ?

@Gaby
Have you bought the game?

If not, the game will prompt a shop screen, but due to some bugs, it will throw 300016 error. You can purchase the game using Blizzard’s Shop web page instead.

If you have already purchased the game, it may take few days for the payment to arrive Blizzard if you paid by electronic mean.
If you bought the retail box version, you need to redeem the game key (authentication key) on your account management web page, or on the launcher. The key is a long string printed on a label sticked on booklet or on DVD envelope.

1 Like

Making changes in the game settings, as you advised, helped to solve the problem.
Thank you!

1 Like

hello, i have original diablo 3 and reaper of soul game. I have the authentication code for two games. I am entering the codes but it says it has been entered before and does not load the original game. I played the trial version, but my character did not go up level 13. I gave money and bought the original game. I have dvd’s but I can not install the game. can you please help

4 posts were split to a new topic: MagicBound Upgrading from the Starter Edition

Hi,

I have the same issue, once defeating the skeleton king, nothing happened.

There are no more quests. It tells me to upgrade from starter version?

And yes, I have bought the game when it was released. Surely a bought original will allow me to finish the acts?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Josefine

See my reply here:

1 Like