Upgrade Soul Shards doesn't unlock Rank Bonus [Diablo 3]

I found a bug on the Playstation 4 (European Server)

When I try to upgrade Soul Shards, the affixes and Abilitys of Rank 1,2 and 3 doesn’t unlock. The Shards just remain the Base effect. This bug happend to me on more then 5 Shards now. This also happend to other Players.

1 Like

zero issues with it so far, 5 augments down and 2 shard sets at rank 3 on 2 characters…so that’s 9 shards at rank 3.

Blizzard did a terrible job of outlining what is rank 1/2/3 effects with this theme, everything is just merged into one mess. You have to look closely to the stats to see the changes from rank to rank. It’s caught me out a few times at first.

I could enclose the Problem with the Shards. It still happens but only with shards i stored in the stash. If I take them out again after a while, the upgrade don’t unlock the next Rank. The Rank of the Shard doesn’t matter. If I put a Rank 0 Shard in the Stash, all three Bonuses are not unlocked. If upgrade a shard to Rank 1 before put it to the stash, it will not unlock Rank 2 and 3. I got screenshots from it.

There must be a problem with the stash

1 Like

Bug confirmed. US East for PS4. Suddenly started to happen to all attempts at upgrading. Soul Shard would say Rank 3, but only the Rank 0 attribute shows. I was able to upgrade just fine a few days ago. It just stopped working. I did test that you can at least use Caldessan’s for Rank 3 and get the correct bonus, but as for unlocking the attribute associated with the higher ranks to use in a weapon or helmet, it no longer works.

Odd. I did upgrades last night, from shards stored in my stash and ZERO issues. Ranks 1-3 showing, both on character and still showing when shard placed back in the stash I tested essence of anguish and sliver of terror.

I wonder if this is only specific shards?

I have noticed what I think is a damage drop in the shards - they feel much weaker now.

No issues on Xbox one last night, I’ll have to look tonight after work to see if it changed but so far no issues. US east coast.

Update: I got home from work and did a check on my unused upgraded shards, no change. All good on Xbox one. Upgraded dregs and sliver of terror. Not sure if any other gems might be affected by this bug but it seems ok so far.