[Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics

I think the community appreciates your response. I just hope you mean what was said as most of us can see the cheaters on the leaderboards as it is not rocket science. I enjoyed the first Diablo and purchased it when it first came out and have purchased the rest as they came out. Yea, I am old but I do think as far as play-ability your games are some of the best. Just please keep this game fair to all. Thank you.

1 Like

Added a little clarity to that statement. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Eggman should not be banned or suspended.

Reason : You guys didnt do a proper ptr and he is doing testing now on live servers to tell you guys not to rush a patch without thorough acceptance tests.

Eggman is a highly skilled player. You guys should consider getting him onboard for consultancy purposes.

18 Likes

Oh I know :slight_smile: Matthew had a good post about the time frame for actions the other day. I will quote it so players can have all this stuff in one place. The how and when, will never be announced, if I understand Blizz policy.

2 Likes

There are some clans using the exploit to level gems to lvl 140 they are doing it with bad time to hide from blizz eyes. Do gems will get rolled back or deleted too ?

2 Likes

If he was doing it for “testing” he should have reported it, and not abused it on all the different classes.

He is 100% guilty

11 Likes

Thanks for the swift response regarding the abuse of the exploit, i just hope that the banning of bots will happen as swift as this was, , just the other day i reported 2 people in my clan for botting, they left their game open to others and was easy to see their chars botting by opening rift guardian on another floor and plus the fact they dont answer chat/whispers and ofc playtime.

2 Likes

It really does not matter now.

What is important is that our GIANT, Blizzard is waking up!!!

Awesome blue post there.

5 Likes

Good work team, thanks for all of your efforts of keeping the leaderboards as fair and balanced as possible.

2 Likes

Everything else, great. But this:

Pardon me while I don’t hold my breath. Looking over S18 leaderboards and how you did nothing is a joke. Looking at S19 leaderboards and the amount of blatant bots is absurd.

Do. Something.

2 Likes

Blatantly false. If that were true, he’d do it once, publish it, and not do it again. He did it repeatedly on basically every class. He was plainly abusing it.

9 Likes

Agreed, he could of also got to the RG and quit so he didn’t impact the leaderboards. He did it for attention, nothing more, nothing less.

4 Likes

Can you comment on those who argue that this was known in the PTR and Blizzard acquiesced to this exploit?

Thanks.

1 Like

@ Nevalistis

Thanks a lot for the information and reply to my post.

This is another precise answer and it is well said.

BUT:

1. Can you detect the most famous and most used 3rd party programm TH?
  2. Did you get in touch with its developer? Did you warn him?
  3. Are you making changes to the UI, so players " don’t feel forced to cheat" ?
  4. How important is the impact of this tool FOR YOU @Blizzard?

We know now, that you are against it, that hasn’t been clearer than ever now. For this post, thanks a lot!

But we do want to know, if there will be drastic changes to work around/treat the issues?

That well written statement doesn’t bring us anything if nothing changes on the BIG PICTURE.

I hope you understand the big concern about this specific tool.

Thanks again for the post :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

So can you explain the line between LoN WD (the old pet Spirit Barrage Build), Bazooka, using Cow level to get Archon Stacks for bosskill with Hydra and this is? Why are the former three fine while this is considered an exploit. All of the former ones also feel like they shouldn’t work.

Also why retroactively threaten people that did this? This is using the game mechanic in a way people pointed out on PTR and it made it to the game.

6 Likes

Not wanting to start a fire or defend anyone, you’re not exactly clear what is considered the “abuse” in this situation. You seem to condemn the fact that “others doing the work for you” is punishable, so you leave open the door for this strategy to be used “fairly” by any group/solo doing their proper greater rifts. The fact is, the mechanic of s19 is flawed, and playing around it is imo clever usage of game mechanics.

6 Likes

I will comment on it. While it is most probably exploit… well it is exploit… Blizzard could do better job of preventing it. But at Blizzards defense I must say that I watched video of it and that I never saw this variation in action before.

The fact they fixed a version of the exploit between PTR and Live should be all the comment you need. Players are inventive though and find alternative ways to do things.

I mentioned that here [Updated] Season 19 Abuse of Game Mechanics - #11 by MissCheetah-1661

And if you note, Nevalistis did approve the comment. If she had an issue with my statement, or felt it was false, she would have corrected me.

2 Likes

So macros that don’t make an alteration to the game client or in any way directly interface with the game are okay? monkaHmm

1 Like

If they do not automate the game, they are fine. If they automate the game, then no. If detected they can result in account actions.

The rule of thumb is that one keypress = one in-game action per game client.

A macro that when pressed activates 3 skills with or without delays, would be an example of automating keypresses, therefore against the rules.

6 Likes