Update Manald Heal Ring and other electrocute items

If you’ve added electrocute to the DMO set then I get the impression you want to do something with it, so how about something like:

Update Myken’s Ball of Hate to have a big damage multiplayer for electrocute.

Update Velvet Caramel to have an interesting electrocute related mechanic that boosts the damage.

Update Manald Heal to make it more of a damage multiplyer and spreader of electrocution. Change of %weapon damage against shocked foes is completely pointless.

Maybe make Velvet Caramel always shock enemies, and make the Manald Heal give +X00% electrocute damage against shocked enemies.

People have been asking for a viable Electrocute build for a long time. Why not now?

4 Likes

Then you be restraining Manald Heal to a single skill. I would not do that. The good part is that it works with every lightning attack. The bad one is that it’s a damage dealing effect (weapon damage) which is nice on lower levels but completely useless on the upper end. If anything a ring should be a competitor to stuff like CoE when we talk about a dps ring. And since it requires a Passive and is limited to one element we can be a little greedy here - I would do something like this:

Increases the stun duration of Paralysis by 1 second and the chance to apply the effect to 50%. Enemies hit by Paralysis take XXX-YYY% increased lightning damage from you for 5 seconds.

Regarding VC and MBoH…
both need a damage % (at least 250-300% each, and maybe even more). And while they are at it, Shame of Delsere should also get at least “triple damage” added to all signature skills (making it similar to Fragment).

For the Electrocute items… one should grant Chain Lightning rune AND have the arc detonate if no more targets are in reach (and detonate means the damage of all remaining jumps will be released as a huge explosion on the last target)… the other item could double the number of jumps and cause secondary arcs fired at nearby targets or release Explosive Blast/Flash on every hit. The latter would require some EB item rework as well, but that’s also an overdue issue.

Agreed with all your points.

1 Like

To bad that it’s highly unlikely they’ll take the time and effort to this. But then again, so many missed opportunities in this game.

2 Likes

Velvet Caramel should make electrocute damage x times to the target when it is single target (can trigger effects on hit multiple times) and make it a bit wonky like chain can split to other x targets at the same time like locust swarm : pestilence.

Did someone say Manald Heal? While electrocute is nice, the most attractive use of this ring has always been for Archon, which was the Wiz meta in S9-11. I’ve dug up my suggestions for how to bring this back and copied them here:

• Manald Heal: Enemies stunned with Paralysis also take 60000–70000% damage as Lightning.
  • Starfire: Lightning damage is increased by 50-75% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards.
  • Aether Walker: Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 25 Arcane Power. After teleporting all damage is increased (multiplicatively) by 125-150% for 6 seconds.
2 Likes

There are generic items that increase cold and fire skills, like Frostburn and Magefist… so there should also be items that increase other damage types, more globally useful of a similar nature.

I do suppose there is Thundergod’s Vigor but it has to use a separate ring altogether (Wyrdward) to get an effect the wizard can already generate.

But yea, an ECT build would be fun… maybe more so than constantly disintegrating everything.

DMO can’t be used for unlimited teleport. It can only be used for GR, because T16 can’t compare with aether Walker + lightning Hydra at all. DMO can only play energy twister, arcane orb, meteorite.