Unusual Bug: playing Monk; Barbarian suddenly dead on account

In game around 15:30 Pacific Standard Time (3 March 2020) US and I was playing the Monk; after leaving a game to start another one, the monk couldn’t start a game (start button was clicked, but it was just loading/processing without going in game). I had to restart the application because with the current state there’s no actionable thing to do… after restarting the Battle.net updated the game. After the update and I ran the game again, and found the Barbarian (NOT the Monk) dead.

How is that possible? Please explain.

(Also helpful to note that 12 (or more) Barbarians have already died (the latest is the 13th) because of game lags, it sounds like conspiracy nut story, but it feels like the Barbarian… specifically on my account… always targeted to die??)

(Another note: I’m sure with a game this old, you’ve probably heard of third party sites like D3planner that uses the Blizzard API to pull up the character profiles on your account - that site keeps reporting my Crusader dead when it’s actually alive and well on my account — this is not an issue, I’m just saying)

No matter how good your electronic system is, there will always be problems with the internet. I had major problems with Furious Charge with the Barbarian in the past. This is why I tend to avoid using the skill, but people keep advising to use for zBarb. Hence, I prefer to solo these days.