Underwhelming final 2.6.8 Patchnotes

I wanted something that isn’t essentially a squishier version of IK/HOTA. It’s not good for solo GR push. It’s not good for speeds. It’s not good for RGK. It’s squishy as hell, and the mitigation is lacking when you need it the most. Its damage isn’t all that good and the 2-piece bonus relies on killing things before CC immunity is built up. All-in-all, it’s a mess, and there’s no good reason to choose it over WW/Rend.

2 Likes

The good/bad news is that rend barbs are very good at everything but group DPS and zDPS. Fortunately for barb players, they are “essential” zDPS in 4 man groups and speed runs.

Many barb players have indicated that H90/frenzy will be the second best barb build. The fact is that it (GR 138) was within 2 GRs on the PTR of a stronger rend build (darks’s GR 140) that went live slightly weaker. Also, for players who cleared GR 130 on the PTR who also had ranked non-season clears, they were in general within a GR or 2.

Unfortunately for Barb players, we don’t have anything that fulfils the role of RGK or trash clearer. Some of us actually want to kill stuff as Barbs, not just gather things up so other people get to do so. The H90 set, with its clear single-target, elite-hunter intentions would have made an ideal RGK. Sadly, what we’ve ended up with is a set that’s entirely lacklustre and inferior in every role to other sets.

3 Likes

Many other classes are in the same boat and do not have any role in 4 man meta since they can not be zDPS.

1 Like

And those classes have, at some point in the past, been part of the META as DPS. When, if ever, have Barbs been in the META as damage dealers?

1 Like

I have long suspected that monks and barbarians are excluded for DPS roles in 4 man meta as they are essential zDPS from season 5. Here is the data:

That post shows that Barbs haven’t been DPS heroes in groups for years. Not all of us that play them want to be supports. Pick any of the other five classes (other than Barb / Monk) and force them for the next 3-4 years to only be allowed into groups if they play support and see how they feel about that.

2 Likes

I realize that; however, the fact remains that monks and barbs have been part of the 4 man meta more than the other 5 classes. It is a blessing and a curse I suspect.

1 Like

So am I, so is everyone else that tested the set, not even the Dev’s will answer those questions.
You should do the testing of the new sets yourself, if you can ever tear yourself from these Forums, the PTR is made for folks like you, then you could answer your own questions, then make a Table and 2 Charts with your own numbers and call it good. Then let everyone know for sure how really unbalanced the balancer is. :balance_scale:

2 Likes

Since many would not trust that I pushed each build enough, I would rather just use data that we all can double check (the in game leaderboards PTR/live) so people can compare builds for themselves. Unlike the last PTR where it was obvious to me and others about rend potential, I have far more trepidation of making a similar prediction for H90/frenzy.

We prefer you to use your own push result as Data. Since you comment on all classes. All class top 200 is not too much to ask for??

2 Likes

I prefer to use more data than what any one person can accomplish.

Here’s what I managed on the PTR… https://i.imgur.com/IkS3mBX.jpg

I don’t need to see what other people can do with it, or what people with 10K paragon can manage, or what the theoretical top-end clearances with it might be. I know what it feels like when directly compared against my other Barbs and it feels weak.

6 Likes

No problem, then please just provide data and refrain from your thoughts until your each class mechanics knowledge are proven.

1 Like

WD literally only been in meta one season. I wish my class had a group role at all. I’d be thrilled to play zdps WD.

Maybe if you actually played the Set you wouldn’t have to ask those questions, you would know already there is no definitive answer, because the Dev’s can’t or wont answer and they have been asked several times.
Personally I would like to have the set as a Elite killer but at least for me the set don’t have enough juice the way it stands. You would know that if you played the game and have some sort of clue on how the set performs.
What you are doing is like doing a picture by paint by numbers and calling it a masterpiece.

5 Likes

Literally not true…

Support in Season 6
DPS in Seasons 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
https://d3resource.com/seasons/index.php

3 Likes

This is basically what they wanted.

Meh, Demon Hunter has been worse off than Barb. When Impale finally got the buff they needed to be RGK Wizard took over with the Hydra/Manald build.

Monks were the RGK with Raiment season 7-9

What about Demon Hunters? They have been left out forever. They deserve the limelight the most atm

You mean like it did in Season 5-11?

1 Like

wow. i have never seen the game trailer before. i honestly would have loved to play that version at least once.

Yes, we have noticed.

4 Likes