Underwhelming final 2.6.8 Patchnotes

Everybody is overreacting…

1. wd will be trash killer 100%. Maybe not season becouse necro op.
  2. H90 I’m not so sure… most likely it could be bk… but do we want 2 barbs in the meta? I don’t.
  3. Wiz seems to be hit hardest
1 Like

so barb should never be a viable dd cause playing zbarb every season is such fun?

How H90 will be BK instead OF MUCH BETTER crus AOV…especially on hc where barb die a lot;]

1 Like

You are really stupid why we can’t get 2 barb ( zdps and RGK ) in the meta when Rat run is 3 necro 1 barb since 1990 ?

WD would be trash killer because now Bazooka is over ??? It’s a good joke i’m 100% sure people who already make the macro would update it for the 1s delay bazooka will lose occulus + zei that all.

We make a lot of feedback for up the time to 1.5 in this case yes bazooka would be 100% dead but they don’t listen us.
All the feedback we did during PTR was useless because they don’t listen and don’t learn from their mistake.

The only think we see it’s the no communication from CM they just post the patch in sneaky they didn’t even translate him for french community and they go in their weekend.

That would make 5 days without ANY blue post when they are suppose to be more communicating with us.

1 Like

Anything the developers do after this seasons rediculous buff was always going to be underwhelming.

I am confused by what people wanted from H90. Rend barb had the second highest solo clear in the game.

Did you want it to have the same power as rend build?
Did you want it to have more power than rend build?
Did you want it to be the best RGK?

We know that the frenzy non-season clear of GR 138 is the second best barb clear in the past 2 PTRs (Dark had a 140).

The nerf to WD will primarily affect the power of this class for group trash killer. For solo the impact will be less. In fact, for players that average less than 444 mana regeneration, the PTR is a buff and not a nerf at all relative to the 6 piece bonus.

Mana Regeneration PTR Version Patch 2.6.8 Fold Change Damage Difference (Live/PTR)
100 5000 20500 4.10 9.0
200 10000 21000 2.10 4.8
300 15000 21500 1.43 2.3
400 20000 22000 1.10 0.6
444 22200 22220 1.00 0.0
500 25000 22500 0.90 -0.6
600 30000 23000 0.77 -1.7
700 35000 23500 0.67 -2.5
800 40000 24000 0.60 -3.3
900 45000 24500 0.54 -3.9
1000 50000 25000 0.50 -4.5

At least considering only the 6 piece bonus, the change is a buff to solo players as long as their mana regeneration is lower than 444. This has implications for gearing and skill choices. To highlight this point, with the new version if you have 0 versus 1000 average mana regeneration, the functional DPS difference due to the 6 piece bonus is a gain of 1.4 GRs. As such, the new version reduces the significance of mana regeneration stacking.

1 Like

I wanted something that isn’t essentially a squishier version of IK/HOTA. It’s not good for solo GR push. It’s not good for speeds. It’s not good for RGK. It’s squishy as hell, and the mitigation is lacking when you need it the most. Its damage isn’t all that good and the 2-piece bonus relies on killing things before CC immunity is built up. All-in-all, it’s a mess, and there’s no good reason to choose it over WW/Rend.

2 Likes

The good/bad news is that rend barbs are very good at everything but group DPS and zDPS. Fortunately for barb players, they are “essential” zDPS in 4 man groups and speed runs.

Many barb players have indicated that H90/frenzy will be the second best barb build. The fact is that it (GR 138) was within 2 GRs on the PTR of a stronger rend build (darks’s GR 140) that went live slightly weaker. Also, for players who cleared GR 130 on the PTR who also had ranked non-season clears, they were in general within a GR or 2.

Unfortunately for Barb players, we don’t have anything that fulfils the role of RGK or trash clearer. Some of us actually want to kill stuff as Barbs, not just gather things up so other people get to do so. The H90 set, with its clear single-target, elite-hunter intentions would have made an ideal RGK. Sadly, what we’ve ended up with is a set that’s entirely lacklustre and inferior in every role to other sets.

3 Likes

Many other classes are in the same boat and do not have any role in 4 man meta since they can not be zDPS.

1 Like

And those classes have, at some point in the past, been part of the META as DPS. When, if ever, have Barbs been in the META as damage dealers?

1 Like

I have long suspected that monks and barbarians are excluded for DPS roles in 4 man meta as they are essential zDPS from season 5. Here is the data:

That post shows that Barbs haven’t been DPS heroes in groups for years. Not all of us that play them want to be supports. Pick any of the other five classes (other than Barb / Monk) and force them for the next 3-4 years to only be allowed into groups if they play support and see how they feel about that.

2 Likes

I realize that; however, the fact remains that monks and barbs have been part of the 4 man meta more than the other 5 classes. It is a blessing and a curse I suspect.

1 Like

So am I, so is everyone else that tested the set, not even the Dev’s will answer those questions.
You should do the testing of the new sets yourself, if you can ever tear yourself from these Forums, the PTR is made for folks like you, then you could answer your own questions, then make a Table and 2 Charts with your own numbers and call it good. Then let everyone know for sure how really unbalanced the balancer is. :balance_scale:

2 Likes

Since many would not trust that I pushed each build enough, I would rather just use data that we all can double check (the in game leaderboards PTR/live) so people can compare builds for themselves. Unlike the last PTR where it was obvious to me and others about rend potential, I have far more trepidation of making a similar prediction for H90/frenzy.

We prefer you to use your own push result as Data. Since you comment on all classes. All class top 200 is not too much to ask for??

2 Likes

I prefer to use more data than what any one person can accomplish.

Here’s what I managed on the PTR… https://i.imgur.com/IkS3mBX.jpg

I don’t need to see what other people can do with it, or what people with 10K paragon can manage, or what the theoretical top-end clearances with it might be. I know what it feels like when directly compared against my other Barbs and it feels weak.

6 Likes

No problem, then please just provide data and refrain from your thoughts until your each class mechanics knowledge are proven.

1 Like