Underwhelming final 2.6.8 Patchnotes

Thanks for the feedback. Good points too!

1. I totally get that - we are all humans after all, just many people wanted to know when they would even get the announcements in the first place including me. I saw comments like: “Please tell me when the next season starts, so I can take a few days off work. Because after all, I still love your game.” - “Nope. I won’t even tell you when I’m planning to tell you!”

2. The initial sets they released for wizard & barb to a degree were so bug riddled that we could not even test them at all. This was only changed after a full week of PTR (with still plenty bugs remaining). Major bugs like these should be fixed in 1-2 days if we want accurate feedback going forward. People dedicate hours & hours of testing it is only reasonable to get the obvious bugs fixed asap for accurate testing.

3. OKay so maybe the new barb set is 2nd best in solo. Very bad in Torments, Speed GRS, Bounty’s and has no spots in groups while being super squishy. Does not sound like something the community wants like concluded in that very detailed post.

4. It is hard to balance the game around group and solo play. The crusader is already clearing these tiers with ease and the wd does not benefit from the theme at all like stated in 8. But that is not even the core issue. That is: additional lags due to double tick rate yet again!

5. Thanks

6. Thank you!

7. It is not small for starting a fresh character and should be included to not mislead players as it has been in the game since 2017.

8. Some other classes will get very minor benefits maybe yes but that is not the kind of impact I thought blizzard nor the community would want a seasonal theme to have! I agree with you that S19 theme was to strong but S20 seems very very underwhelming to any class but the necromancer.

6 Likes

Good job on the league start date Blizzard. You just lost thousands of players who play both Diablo and POE… Probably destroyed anyone who still full time streams Diablo 3.

#fail

12 Likes

This will not make barb viable at all nor for solo or for group play. We spent many hours testing this and summarizing it here on the forums.

8 Likes

“we hear you”
the barb comunity was super constructive and we did alot of testing.
there were good suggestions how to bring up the set to a decent level, blizzard ignored almost everything.
i played ww last season and if i decide to play s20 (unlikely) i am stucked with ww again, cause the frenzy set does nothing better compared to ww.
why should anyone play a paper-barb and hit monster with wet noodles?

btw Rob, thx for the good summary

14 Likes

I’m not saying It will be viable for solo or group. I just say that the Stun option Will open possibilities to other builds, as we always use charge or ground stomp in most of them.

PERFECT summary Rob.

Now i hope the community stops making new posts and just keep bumping this.

8 Likes

respect Rob, we love u

5 Likes

Can you fit that in with Rend/WW? The stomp stuns, doesn’t it?

Well said, I agree completely with this. Feedback was there, but clearly wasn’t taken seriously. As you said this is not to insult those that made the decisions it is out of passion for the overall health of the game.

I’ll be sitting this season out since my friends and I have been sick of rats for quite some time and were hoping to see changes that made our classes relevant to compete with in 4 player. They’ll continue to play Poe and I’ll stick to other games as well. Maybe next season I guess.

3 Likes

For example that’s what I was thinking, I don’t know if It would work, but is a lot of better than 2crimson if apply correctly the 2 set bonus

To simply sum it up, see you all in Season 21!

8 Likes

So, the things which could have shaken up season 20:

1. Witch Doctor (nerfed)
  2. Hydra Wizard (nerfed)
  3. Barbarian (set is dead on arrival)

My question to Blizzard would be: why?

Just imagine a season where say, a barb could be: zbarb or rgk; a wd could be trash killer or rgk; a wizard could be - rgk; necro could be trash killer…or rgk (well…)

See? What is wrong with having multiple classes being rather capable? You really want people to play a new season where thorns necro (fishing) or crusader is RGK in groups?

I have played the last few seasons and put hundreds of hours into each. I don’t even play PoE…but I did buy Wolcen. Not really seeing a reason to play S20 at this rate after even a few seasons of rats.

Really disappointed in this direction.

15 Likes

I didn’t see it in the notes. Did they even fix the Hydra set/shielding bug?

Because the WD and Wizard builds were overperforming.

2 Likes

It looks like you haven’t played H90 in PTR.

• If you use GS, you lose TS buff. Otherwise you can’t survive.
  • If you use Freeze Charge, you are lack of mobility, and still die easily.

The only improvement for this stun change is the main target. However, this will not increase single target much. As CC immune make HC time is below 50%. This change won’t change the story.

Clearly, Dev didn’t think about H90 changes much.

We‘ve provided them nearly 700 replies post, which is so detailed and constructive. Yet, they do NOT Even buff the 4pc DR.

8 Likes

Come March 13, My friends and I are so excited to play…

POE :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Why you still speaking about playing H90 in full set? I perfectly now the set is under others, I just say mix 2p of H90 with other sets as It give you X2 to your damage, and now that they add the Stun mechanic is even easier, Cuz the Stun is the main CC that barbarian have in 99% of our builds.

I’m not Happy with the season and not even the sets, but as barbarian player at least that 2p of H90 set will open different options, in solo play and support in groups.

EDIT: I forgot that H90 set can only be mix with IK, so yeah it’s a shame xD

1 Like

Everyone wanted those 3 new sets to shine as its supposedly their time and season to shine… am I blind guys? Cuz I dont see any of them shine at all…

Last time I saw WD been in meta 4p was with a build that been made by players which is lon spirit barage as it was a succeer to firebats set where it was more powerful and less laggy. That was season 11 if I’m not mistaken…

Hydra Wizard was a set that many was hoping to become a reality, well we got the set but our joy of having it soon been turned off with the hard nerf.

H90 set the first melee build that utilize skill that were abandoned and only we tend to use in vanilla in the old days which is frenzy … everyone was excited and yet it seems the excitement we got in ptr and the potential we saw in this set has reached to a dead end.

I’m not complaining, I just want to know the reason behind making sets then make us test it and then made us get attached to in ptr then decide to tweaks the numbers and let the sets does not have the chance to be capable of doing what other sets does…

Sometimes I feel the ones who are making challenge rifts build are the ones who are doing the final touches on the new sets … I cant understand…

5 Likes

100% agree with all of you this is just disappointed and i don’t really understand blizzard decision.

Several thing i don’t understand.

• 2 weeks PTR : useless with only 1 hotfix who come after several day when all major bug was found day 1
  • No communication : PTR was full silence we get 0 info same after several days without any blue post. You wasn’t suppose to have better communication with us or you don’t remember what you said in the past ???
  • New Set : I don’t understand the direction you take with that. For me and i think a lot of player getting new set would say they are ‘playable’ and on the top tier list in this case that make change for season but in the reallity Barb is so low compare to WW when we could get a new gameplay for solo and for group ( RGK ).
    For Wizz actually Set is so under ( i agree you wanted to nerf LoN but when the Set lose 15 tier with legendary nerf and win 1 tier from 6P … i have no words ) Wizz could be a good alternative for solo / speed farm trash killer or RGK but no you fail on this.
    WD why you make this drastic change without any test in back i’m not a WD expert but this is a major change NS gonna be a PTR live.
    -Season theme : We make a lot lot lot lot feedback about this theme who seem great on the paper but who is just trash in-game only one classe would benefit from it at 100% it’s rat run because they would play full weapon multiplier when ALL other classe have already all their item lock and can’t change it because they don’t have another good alternative ( excuse me but playing 4 amulet i don’t call that getting excited season ) but we don’t know why necro got 4 weapon with huge multiplier so yeah you should rename the season theme on S20 Necromancer kanai cube theme …

I have played every season but if nothing is change since 13 march this is over for me i don’t want to play WW again , i don’t want to play Rat run AGAIN after 3 years of this stupid meta and i don’t want to play BAZOOKA.
It’s sad but for a lot of player like me who play diablo 3 then go on POE for this season their is no Big deal when they start the same day if diablo is trash a lot of player would play POE.

You have 2 weeks for take decision and please make good decision for the love of god.

15 Likes

Amen to this. This updated patch creates less build diversity and encourages people to just play necromancer.
We could have never seen this coming but even the WD lags should be WORSE again now. A potential buff to lags essentially

5 Likes