Unable to play because of power surges

I have had no problems up until season 21. All i want to do is upgrade my monk.

Correlation is not causation.

Please, move your thread out of Bug Report as what you’re reporting has absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with the game. Your PC’s hardware is failing.

1 Like

i guess i’ll play my other games until D4 then :frowning: in which i was going to buy a new one anyway yay for me lol (my current pc not even being that old and up to current specs)

I’m not sure if that was a statement or a question. Many of us are not having issues. I play D3 on three Regions: Americas, Europe and Asia. I’m not crashing, freezing or lagging. D3 plays just fine for me on all 3 Regions. (And I get the worse latency of the Asia server because I live in the US).

1. As others said, we tried. You refuse to listen.
  2. You refuse to post the 2 most important pieces of information in your Technical Support Forum thread: DxDiag and WinMTR. Blizzard Techs need this information if you want help from them.
  3. You don’t get help in this Bug Report Forum. You report game bugs. Yours is a technical issue.
  4. Those of us who are trying to help you DO NOT work for Blizzard. Yet, we are breaking Forum Rules to try and help you.

There’s no reason to continue this conversation.

I’m beginning to feel like a dog chasing his tail.  

Well… that’s a choice too.

Good luck.

5 Likes

maybe i’ll try the US server. They keep mentioning sorting the EU servers out so maybe i’ll just make a new acc

Switching between the EU and US server region, or using a different account, will have absolutely zero impact on the fact that you have failing hardware components within your PC.

At this point, I’m no longer sure whether you’re just impervious to advice or trolling but I’m heavily leaning towards the latter.

2 Likes

There is nothing wrong with my pc. I am only encountering problems in D3. I have lots of other games i am playing that encounter no problems and they require higher graphics anyway. I guess i’ll play those until D4 comes and i’ll buy a new pc anyway yay for me

Support had already replied you on another thread.
And you said that “power surge” didn’t re-occur on that thread. I think this thread can be closed.
If you have another issues, create a new thread (you have done this already).

Lots of people are encountering problems at the moment i guess another thread won’t hurt but… really?

Read How to Write a Good Bug Report

• When reporting a bug, please make a thread for each bug you find. Threads that contain multiple bugs are difficult to manage, especially if we are unable to reproduce any of them on our end.
  • Please use the Search feature to search the forum and see what bugs are posted. If you have a duplicate thread, we will lock it and point you to the current thread where the bug is being discussed.

thanks for the help i really hope i can play D3 again.

Hope your PC can survive.
Have a good day.

You mean apart from the fact that it keeps shutting down and on subsequent boot-up it warns you that there was a power surge event?

Your PC’s failing hardware is not an in-game bug.

yes… only on D3 might i add

Again, you have a hardware problem…

1 Like

i have a hardware problem according to you. The fact of the matter that i only have a hardware problem while i play D3 is another

No, you have a hardware problem according to your PC’s bios, which is warning you on boot-up that your PC has undergone a power surge event.

I’m done with this.
Maybe you’ll believe us when your PSU eventually catches fire or something.

Only when/if i play D3. The power surge messages have stopped btw

D3 has not changed, so the power surges stopping for now, obviously has nothing to do with the game.

2 Likes

Honestly, if I were the OP I would open up the case, check all connections properly (I doubt he’s even done this much yet), clear out any dust bunnies with some compressed air or ESD blower, and check for bulging/leaking capacitors and/or burnt chokes and VRMs. This is a hardware issue, not a software issue.

And it could even be an issue where he has some really dirty AC power flowing through his area, in which case a line conditioner would be prudent at least, since it is unlikely he can afford to have an electrician install a Variac.