Unable to launch Diablo III

Hi I am wondering if anyone else is having an issue logging into Diablo III. I was able to login over the weekend but today I hit the play button, and the little logo pops up. It looks for a second like it’s going to launch and then it unclicks the play button. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Hey, IronMammoth! Would you happen to have or had razer peripherals? This typically causes the launching then closing behavior. Try the following steps:

1. Go to the Documents folder.
  2. Select the Diablo III folder.
  3. Open the D3prefs.txt file using Notepad.
  4. Add or Edit the following line. The value should be 1, like so:
    DisableChromaEffects "1"
  5. Save the file.

If it continues, reinstalling the Blizzard Application can help as well. From there, could you provide a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

3 Likes

Greetings, I have the same problem but I do not have anything else besides Razer Cynosa Chrome and the driver (without any other extension) and the game started acting the same way after the season started.

The game worked perfectly 2 days ago (the last time I logged in) and now I tried to run the Scan & Repair but no changes.

1 Like

i had the same problem. did a lot of troubleshooting, but the one thing that actually fixed it was changing that one line of text that the bluepost said.

I am having same issue. I opened up a ticket

All files uploaded

same here, also had a razer update earlier, these 5 steps at documents, solved the problem, thank you so much

had the same issue and the blue post fixed it

OMG This fixed it ! Thank you very much it fixed instantly.

the file d3prefs, it was in you diablo 3 folder? - i cant seem to locate the .txt doc