Unable to connect, server is down, still on 2.7.6

I see 2.7.7 should be live, but I still see version 2.7.6.91234. So when I try to connect, I get error, server down for maintenance Code 33.
I check for updates, says I’m up to date, even tried re-installing, same.
Am I missing something?

Ensure that your “Game Version” above the play button says “Diablo III”, not “Public Test Realm”

I am on the correct version. I even just checked with a friend, he loaded Battlenet and right away it asked to update and updated to 2.7.7, yet when I click check for update, keeps saying it’s up to date.

I’m having this exact same problem. I just fired up D3 for the first time in a couple months. It says version “2.7.6.91234”. Trying to log in I get that error 33. I’m not on the PTR; in fact, I uninstalled it. Still error 33. Uninstalled the entire game and redownloaded - still says 2.7.6.91234 and “game is up to date”.

Just looked at my laptop, and it said “Update” and then updated to 2.7.7 with no issues.

It appears my issues are related to the Razer Synapse update that happened on my desktop this morning. Changing my D3Prefs files as shown here fixed my issue.

I don’t have Razer Synapse on my laptop, so it updated normally. I’m guessing, whatever it works now so I’m going to stop thinking about it. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for reporting back on how you solved the issue on your system.

Best of luck in your game.