UE Multishot in 2.6.6

I’m not sure I understand why we use steady aim over cull of the weak with thrill of the hunt in the build. Is the set of skills recommended in the planner still up to date?

I’m not sure where you saw Steady Aim over Cull of the Weak for a UE MS build. Most people do use Cull.

My passives with my GR running UE/CC with Squirts is Cull of the Weak, Ballistics, Single Out and Thrill of the Hunt.

Lots of folks use Ambush over Single Out.

It is because Juggernaut affix of monster is immune to all crowd control effects, incl. slow. i.e. Thrill/Cull/BotT have no bonus when dealing with these monsters.

Also, Cull need to CC(slow) the monster first, ie no bonus on the first hit (except cold skills). So, Steady Aim has more advantage in speed farm because you usually one-shot everything. In such case, Cull doesn’t even have a chance to be proc’d.

This is the build I’ve been using:

This is the build I’m going to use in the PTR. And if it works out, in Season 19:
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/104808-ue6cc3-multishot-gr120-season-18

Note: The DiabloFans build uses Steady Aim and Cull the Weak. Steady Aim is replacing Ballistics. Multishot is also using the Full Broadside Rune instead of Arsenal. And the Damage is Physical instead of Fire.

1 Like

Hi Perusoe; The physical MS does use Steady Aim over Ballistics. Arsenal fires rockets which proc Ballistics, Full Broadside does not.

Save gear for both builds. Fire is more stable, as in it takes less fishing. Once you get the skills for physical, it has more potential.

Have fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

You too! :beers:

1 Like

So didn’t have a lot of play time over the weekend, but I finally managed to clear from 97 to 100.

Changed to Wraps and BotS for 99 & 100. Few deaths in 99 and only two i think in 100, and cleared it in 9+ minutes.

First attempt at a solo 100 and cleared it, as an irregular solo player it as a pretty cool achievement.

Thanks for all the help and advice, seems to have made a big difference to the damaged & staying alive, to benefit from the extra damage.

Gratz on your 100 ^5

1 Like

Thanks Varadia.

It still felt strange not getting an elite pack when I hit a pylon, but based on the times it didn’t seem to make a huge difference. Maybe because I spent less time laying on the ground lol

1 Like

I think the devs never intended for UE Multishot to be a pushing build. It’s best speed farm / bounties for a DH, and it does fine in group GR up to a certain level (the damage is still there, and being in a group can counter your weaknesses).

Impale while not as good for solo pushing past a certain GR (120+), will still have a place in groups as RGK, and N6M4 sentries or RF Nat / LoD RF will still be fine (and better than UE) for solo pushing.

UE is just fun to play, and push if you wish. The #90 Seasonal DH in the world (Trikalicious) is a UE with a GR 121. Granted that’s like # 3100 in the world all classes. But still, having a UE top 100 in the world for DH’s is pretty strong.

2 Likes

Very cool and gratz!

IMO BotP is better than BotS at the level you’re at - Zeis/BotT/BotP is the combo I used prior to UE/CC with Squirt’s/Gizzard.

Why? It’s easier to maintain the BotP damage/DR buff through the rift. If you do die, it’s easier to get an elite pack to reset the buff than it is to get to max Stricken stacks, especially if it’s late in progression. Besides, you almost always whack an elite/champ pack to get the last few globes to pop the RG and then the buff is up that whole fight (assuming you have a decent 90+ level on BotP).

Happy pew pewing!!

1 Like

I think my Powerful is 98 and Stricken 95.

For some reason the damage just seemed smoother when I changed to Stricken, but that is possibly also to do with the swap to Wraps from Nems, meaning less damaged taken so more pew pewing.

1 Like

Captain Crimson’s has made a big difference for UE set DH . I cleared a 115 with mine the other night , which was unheard of for me before the new CC was introduced . Pretty happy with being able to play UE pretty competitively finally . Actually having some fun with it instead of struggling .

3 Likes

Awesome, I did a 110, which I was also happy with!

2 Likes

Grats to you both, UE is super fun and it’s good to see people playing it more.

1 Like

I stopped at 100 on season, mostly due to lack of time.

I’ve also managed a non-seasonal 100 now, which is the highest I’ve ever been.

2 Likes

Awesome job, Gratz! .

1 Like

Thanks Varadia.

I took some of the advice you gave me for the seasonal DH and applied it to the non-seasonal. Although the extra 500 or so paragon probably helped that toon as well :rofl:

2 Likes

Since when is 115 competitive?