UE Demon Hunter modification in party

Hi all,

In the spirit of trying to min-max in order to progress into higher rifts, I am wondering which classes and specs compliment the UE-MS DHunter. I play pretty consistently with my girlfriend, and tomorrow, she plans to play a seasonal barb, crusader, or wizard.

I know the meta cookie-cutter UE build is tried and true, and plan to run that again this season. Last season, she played Inna WOL monk, I built the typical UE and swapped out Cull the Weak and Thrill of the Hunt, in favor of Awareness and Single Out. Since she slowed enemies consistently, and I was a glass cannon (we ran up to 105s together, I think), it seemed to work out quite a bit better, I died less, and things started dying faster.

If she plays something that slows consistently, which I think WW-Rend, and Archon does, do you guys have any other suggestions on slight modifications? Or, do you have some specs that she can run, that I can build around to make things less redundant. I feel that having both players slowing an enemy, doesn’t give any more benefit compared to one person slowing the enemy.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also, I run Nemesis w/ +fire on them, instead of Wraps, and cubed the Wraps (just got better rolls on Nem’s). If I can keep damage down by dodging and dancing around well, I was thinking of cubing Magefist or Hexing Pants. Thoughts?

With this last patch I’ve played a few 2P’s with S6 (I ran the S6) and Barb. That seems to be a very nice combo.

This Season I’m going to see how far we can push UE / N6M4 hybrid. I think the seasonal buff will really click with that pairing.

I really like your choice of Single Out, that is a very good UE option. I’ve always disliked running Awareness with UE, but know lots of folks who do.

If you haven’t tried the UE/Capt. Crimson’s hybrid, you should give it a shot. Adds a lot to toughness and damage. It also makes resource management much easier.

Re: Hexing Pants… I’ll let Dieoxide chime in. He never leaves home without them.

Yeah, I run UE with squirts, bastion’s and captain’s. I like Awareness as it makes up for my lack of, well, awareness. My biggest weakness is stuff on the ground that I stand in and die in one shot. I need a GTFO mod like WoW has to alert me lol. At least with Awareness I see the hurt and am able to reposition.

2 Likes

You mean “DiE’s Dancing Pants”???

Are you running Gizzard gem with Squirt’s?? This would give you an extra second or so to vault out of the poison clouds/pools/lightning/etc…

PS…I wish I could play with my girlfriend…but my wife might object!!!

1 Like

I don’t run Squirt’s with Gizzard mainly due to the massive damage drop removing one of the gems. I run Zei’s, Stricken, and Trapped. What would be the best gem to replace if I run Gizzard? I see the benefit of Gizzard, as I could then replace Awareness with Cull, or something.

lol@the PS.