Tyrael is so powerful

There are some ideas behind the design of angels and demons in Diablo series.
The traits of angles are union, law, equality, and good.
Conversely, demons are individual, chaotic, separated, and evil.
(There should’ve been more terms to describe their duality but I’m just too unlearned to know them :o)

In the game, except for the Council, every angel has the same appearance. All of them follow the laws of the Heaven; all of them move on for the sole purpose of “good”.
Demons act as their opposite. They possess various appearance, various abilities, and various groups.
We’ve often heard that some certain demons are minions of one of the Evils, but it’s almost impossible to find that each Archangel takes fully control and power of command of other angels.
High Heavens is a single city where all angels live together; each certain space that possesses the traits of the archangels such as Garden of Hope only functions to fulfill the aspect of those corresponding archangels; these places are open to all angels at any time.
Yet, the Burning Hells are divided into 7 realms, of which one of the Evils governs their own realm.
The angels treat each other as their brothers and sisters, but demons would gladly torture their own kinds for fun.

In conclusion, I believe the most essential idea of the angels must be equality, and so I will consider that the five archangels are mostly equal.
For the Evils, it’s really hard to say. As the ideas behind their design are chaos and distinction, each of them are exceptional in different powers.
If the criterion is strength in combat, then I would consider that Diablo shall be the winner.
Final List:

1. Five Archangels (together)
  2. Diablo
  3. Five Archangels (individual), Baal, and Azmodan
  4. Andariel and Duriel
  5. Mephisto and Belial

Side Notes: Each archangel possesses different aspects, which might not be necessarily particular when ranking their combating strength.
Anyways, such list, no matter made by whom, is always loose since each of these beings has different powers and traits.

Edited: When it comes to plotting and cunning, however, Mephisto and Belial are the masters.
The two have different styles when doing such of things. Mephisto spreads hatred among everything, even his brethren. Though never described specifically, he may make other six Evils fight each other and sit aside to take all the benefits (no matter what may be).
On the other hand, Belial’s doing is quite… simple: Lying. In the novel The Order, the main antagonist became such because, through the doings of Belial, he was convinced that he’s the descendant of Tal’Rasha and that he was tricked by Jered Cain, who’s Deckard Cain’s ancestor. From then on, he turned from a Horadric seeker (It’s quite difficult to describe his position since he only contacted with the Horadrim due to his jobs as a no-name bookstore clerk) to a Horadric Nemesis, who, sadly, still believed that he’s doing good things to this world (and to his so-believed but wrong ancestor). After all things were settled, Belial turned his goal to Caldium.

1 Like

yes ! I agree with you :smiley: :smiley: i think your list is correct :slight_smile:

It’s hard to properly gauge the angiris council’s strength since we’ve only seen 3 of them in action, but I definitely agree that their unity made them stronger than any individual demon lord. That said, I do not believe them all to be equal in strength as in terms of raw strength and martial prowess I believe Imperius and Tyrael are at the top.

My only disagreement with this list is mephisto’s placement as there’s no way he would be weaker than any of the lesser evils. Even if we consider Mephisto’s strength to be his knowledge and ability to manipulate others through their hatred, that in no way tells us his actual might, it only tells us of his preference and approach for battle.

Hmm… my list here is more about “direct and intuiting physical combat” (I’m not sure whether the term is accurate…) rather than considering their overall power or plotting things. As I added, if we’re considering other factors and different criteria, than the list might just not be working.
Of course, we’ve seen Mephisto use poison, lightning, and cold spells, but would that simply be game mechanics due to the fact that the technology at the time wasn’t advanced enough to show his characteristic? (Well, the Belial fight could have been better, but the idea of “Lie” can somewhat be comprehensible.)
Anyways, the list is not perfect and complete.

1 Like

Tyrael is stronger , Tyrael in arch angel form of course not the heretic in d3 . Is stronger but he is limited to certain area . Sanctuary he has no control . Therefore here we come as characters in the game . The angiris council and the Prime evils and lesser evils are simply the oposite . Equal 50-50 . Belial is the weakest , is true form is not the green chaotic vision that we saw … is true form is the 1st form that looks like a lesser version of mephisto.

Prime evils(Diablo,baal,mephisto) are stronger then lesser evils(Andariel,Duriel,azmodan,belial) . The name states it .

No. Cain said the name means nothing and the Lesser Evils are more dangerous

No, the name does indeed mean something. It only means nothing to the mortals of sanctuary since all of the lords of hell can kill them with ease.
Within the book of Cain, it is explicitly stated that:

“The Dragon’s seven severed heads arose as the seven Evils – the strongest of which would be known as the Prime Evils. They, along with their four Lesser brethren, would rule over the ravening, demonic hordes that spawned like maggots from the desiccated cavities of the Burning Hell.”

That said, the lesser evils were indeed dangerous, but I doubt cain’s passage was made to suggest that the lesser evils were stronger than the prime evils. Instead I believe it was to say that the lesser evils could be more dangerous to mortals than the prime evils because of how little information there was to the lesser evils in comparison to the prime evils.

After all, we have to keep in mind that at the time, only two of the lesser evils had made their presence known to sanctuary, the other two were still an enigma to the world.

Terror leads to Heatred , Heatred leads to Destruction. This has allowed them to be the dominant force of hell - Book of Cain

So 3 prime evil together are strong.

Yes, and based on the passage I have above, each one of the prime evils are stronger than a member of the lesser evils.

After all, the prime evils were each born from the strongest heads of tathamet’s, while the lesser evils were born from the weaker heads. That alone tells us that the prime evils are superior to the lesser evils.

They were the strongest heads.

But yet they are not stronger.

Cain said they are danger and clever.

I think danger means the strong

The prime evils are stronger, the Dragon’s heads is a huge factor in telling us this. Cain statement of the lesser evils being more dangerous was in consideration to mortals, not the prime evils.

They are dangerous because they banhised the 3 primes.

Cain said the title , prime or lesser is relevant only within the burning hells.

You’re forgetting that the prime evils orchestrated their own banishment, meaning they wanted it.

Yes, so within the burning hells, the prime evils were practically the de facto rulers. The lesser evils wouldn’t had obeyed them for eons if the prime evils were weaker.

I dont think weaker can be more dangerous. It is my opinion.

To be honest, I believe the danger cain spoke of was not really because of the Lesser evils strength, but mostly because of their unknown capabilities. There was little information about them, far less than there was with the prime evils. But alas, that is merely my own interpretation of cain’s message.

Cain said the Prime evils are not more dangerous. They all are equal. 3 Prime Evil together are stronger.

Book of Tyrael : The Prime Evils are their only superiors.