Two questions about the Whirlwind Build (Noob)

Hi all,

I stopped playing D3 for quite some time and now restarted with some friends and a season char. I picked Barbarian because I wanted to try something new (I played monk and crusader back in the days). I like him a lot, but ran into two problems and would love to get some feedback.

Now bear in mind that I’m not a highly skilled player. I’m a casual dude and although I love farming, I can’t spend hours in the game. I don’t aim to get to the top spots in leaderboards. But I do want to get some progression.

First problem is Fury management. I feel that if there are enough mobs around, I get enough fury to use ww almost constantly. However, if I’m in a group and there are others clearing mobs, or if the mob density is lower than packed, I run out of fury quickly. I follow the icy-veins guide, so I think it might be my playstyle? However, yesterday I grouped with a more experienced barb (Paragon 665) and he was constantly ww’ing. Is it the lack of my equip at this point? If anyone could take a quick look at my char Kane (seasonal barb) I would appreciate it.

Second is also more an irritation than a problem. I feel that as good as I am with packs of mobs, I’m pretty slow with big single targets. With bosses I just run out of fury too fast and then I can’t use ww nor rend. And from then on it becomes a pain. Is that just part of the build (since it’s not really a problem in group GRifts as others dish out the dmg there…) or again based on equipe/skills?

As said, I have a lot of fun, so it’s not big issues. But I want to improve if I can (also for the sake of group members :)))

Edit: I think I just found the first problem. I’m not using mighty weapons and therefore generate less fury through Weapon Master… stupid me :slight_smile:

Take a look at the stickied build guide and your questions should be answered and give you a direction to build.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/guide-zodiac-rend-season-19

Thanks a lot… I will work through that.