TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

Yeah I will try find it best I can, I’ve been on this since closed beta so its been awhile i was too skeptical to use it even after reading that, but here’s a funny one from you on the subject back from 2014

“You will simply have to hope that does not happen.” XD

Also, I need to clarify so as to not spread misinformation
the post I referred to and am still searching for was something very old and has since been refuted. clearly

The leaderboards. Everyone is trying to clear the highest GR in the fastest way possible. It’s like when you go to an arcade and there’s always that score screen with time stamps flashing at your face, and you wanna see if you can do better. You compete with others to get your name higher than thiers.

1 Like

TLDR: Change the leaderboards to have a * for botters/thud users… too easy.

I would only assume that most people would not come back after a ban wave. I have seen a player stream his bot all season and not earn nearly as much EXP as me.
a bot running level 90grs wont make nearly as much EXP as real players running meta.

Its not cheating against another player, its cheating against a leaderboard. what? so you can say you ranked highest on D3 leader board? cause you have cool gear?

1 Like

Botters buy new accounts and come back all the time.

Botters who also thud buy new accounts and come back all the time.

Thud players who don’t bot that get banned - most likely won’t come back - unless they decide to bot.

There’s a lot of sunk cost involved with non bot accounts. While thud is a tool/cheat, it’s still not a bot. You loose actual time you played in front of the screen.

Dont necessarily have to ban their account (even though it would be totally fair).
Could just give them a month ban, and reset their paragon.
If caught a second time, delete the account.

1 Like

Everyone discussing the ban methods, have you all never seen streamers on Diablo get banned?

They ban your Diablo 3 game license.
Meaning you can never play Diablo 3 on your account again.

Blizzard has done the following with exploits:

1. nothing
  2. condemn and warn with nothing else. (usually done as they fix an exploit very quickly)
  3. suspension (temp ban)
  4. permanent ban

Bots have been traditionally permabans. Minor or limited exploitation use can be a warning / temp ban (some as long as a month). If there is gratuitous use of an exploit, that usually results in a permanent ban.

Yeah this topic was on Botting and touched on the 3rd party software subject only though, those are both permanent license ban.

Botting has always been a permanent ban.

3rd party programs are all over the place, but yes it is either no action, or permanent ban at this point.

Since Blizzard has not come out very strongly about THud in the past, a temp ban might be appropriate as a first warning.

1 Like

I have herpes…so itchy

@ Matthew Cederquist

When can we expect the official and precise statement you promised to give?

I am currently ranked 23 and i play totally legal, without any maphacks, macro or autohotkeys.
I would appreciate some actions against such cheating tools.

Peace :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This wasn’t the intended time we were planning on giving it, but we feel the need is expedited. You can read more in this thread here.

Going to add in here: this is a post regarding our stance, but not the actions we have taken yet regarding this particular topic (though it’s adjacent). That’s still in progress. Apologies for any confusion.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Finally! Thank you!!

Banning people using turbohud would be a great thing! Yea it has some cool features but its clearly a cheat. People being able to see the map exit and pylons and how much progress you have in each room are an advantage to people that play without it! Good to see you finally taking actions Blizzard!

7 Likes

It is sad honestly that threads like this miss the forest for the trees. Is TurboHud a problem? Yes. But is it the problem plaguing the Diablo franchise? No.

The problem is botting. Before the botting apologists say “Oh just don’t look at leaderboards and okay your game” - this isn’t the point.

Bots are primarily used in D3 to farm bounty mats on secondary accounts that are bought from players (for cheap) who quit the game. You buy an account cheap say for 10 bucks then you get it to a stage where it can farm (you can use multiple accounts to make it faster) thousands of bounties. Often the botter will have a separate main account that then gets invited to those games by the bots for free T16 bounty mats say every 10 minutes or so.

As good as infinite rerolls in the cube is the goal. Ever wonder how some of those guys are - season after season - simply the most lucky when it comes to loot drops? Wonder no more. This process is called “cookies” depending on the region you play.

If botting is going to be combatted it must be combatted in its most insidious forms - not just the obvious botters seen on Leaderboards but the many many more facilitating the play of a large portion of Diablo players.

1 Like

It should be bannable i think. Or give these features to everyone so we dont need third softwares.

1 Like

Shame there so called stance is unclear. Should not and No its bannable are different things.

1 Like