TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

These are not the same, of course. They are separate design directions, but they do intervene with each other - the more you want to strengthen the competitive aspect, the more you have to design the competition around bots.

If you build the ultimate competitive game, it would be the ultimate anti-bot system itself. Or said otherwise, the most competitive mind game is the one that is hardest to emulate with AI.

In the end we both want the same thing - pure and meaningful competition in Diablo, as well as the addition of all positive sides of TH and macros.

No! I grind very hard for my paragon. Im close to 8k NS on EU servers and IT tooks me several thousand hours to come there.

So lets be honest i dont care if you dont like paragon grind and only are at 2k. Thats Not our problem.

You have the same chance like me grinding the last 5 years for this Level. 5 god damn years imagine that! If you dont want to then stop cry here. You work less? So what then live with it that you cant compete.

I spend this much time because i wanted that extra mainstat. And now because a casual are dont want to, take everything away from me or what?

3 Likes

Yes because we dont want infintee grind and 8K Para is quite alot some would say you have most likely bot in some shape or form to get there any are just bringing attention to yourself. However you might be legitmate i dont know . Thats up for Blizzard to decide as 7.5K over 5 years is technically possible it does beg the question of account legitamacy

Yeah thats always the people who dont wanna work. Its Just more easy for them to call everyone a botter. I run Rats and 150s Day in Day out. So even on my lvl you can Do 10 levels per Day.

Also for Most of us higher paragons in EU mainstat now becomes the game there is nothing more to grind for. Gear is good,you have all classes geared so atleast it feels nice to have that +5.

Are there any adjustments that can be made to TurboHud to allow it to be used because from this response it makes it seem as if the entire mod isnā€™t necessarily bad only certain aspects of it areā€¦

So, how about checking only players who are on leaderboards? ItĀ“s 7000 players. That is easier than doing ā€œfull scanā€ and can be done on weekly/monthly basis. I canā€™t imagine botter with a lot of paragons and mats not being in first 1000.

It would help me to understand what it is in TurboHUD that makes it borderline banable. There are multiple uses for it, but I think it is not a simple issue to outright ban ALL users of the program. It basically boils down to a question of play style, among other things. Opening up the game to go directly into Torment 16 and, by extension, GR 150 immediately upon entering a game as a low Paragon player would raise questions. Yet most players forget what the spirit of the game is: To kill monsters and loot said monsters.

Yes, the base UI is a very bland UI. The tooltips donā€™t give us the info we want and we have to go into the inventory to view our damage stats with an extra menu for detailed info. This is, imho, very bad design.

While D3 is a respectable game, its poor initial design makes it very difficult to play for some players. In fact, some players will NOT play the game without TurboHUD because of the way the game UI operates. Even with some changes, the UI still leaves a lot to be desired.

If my initial statement can be answered, what parts of TurboHUD make the program bannable? It would make things easier, so that the program can be utilized better by those who use it.

1 Like

Well lets see it lets you see more of the map than anyone else, tells you where the elites and what their affixes are and shows you the exit a lot earlier than anyone not using Thud does
Diablo has a competition ladder and all thud users are getting a major advantage over everyone else, cheated to get to their position on the ladder and couldnā€™t get that high without it

1 Like

I refer you to my post. I would appreciate your input, good sir. Perhaps this program can be useful, and not be considered ā€˜cheatingā€™. It lies in a gray area right now, in terms of legitimacy, and with the right adviceā€¦

Well said. While I donā€™t have 2k paragon level but I do think that hardcore and dedicated player should get reward for their dedication. Those casuals who want to remove paragon level are probably donā€™t even have Lv99 character in D2.

Is it legal scan my personal pc what is running background OS? Is banable ā€œ3rdā€ program as discord, teamspeak (overwolf) , some stream program or geforce experience (change and optimalized graphic settings in game), some keyboard or mouse programs, RGB lighting programs and other programs what running background ? Who will recognize if it is a cheat? I donā€™t approve of botting or cheating, but I donā€™t want anyone to scan my pc.

3 Likes

And again what my Paragon has to do with 5k or 6k season Botters? It took me 5 years to come there. My account is alive since Season 1!!!

Its not one of these Accounts first Season was season 12 because old one was banned and from that on only bot 24/7 and hope not to get banned.

Dont put me in that corner its just not true!

Which is totally fine if you dont have 2k. Not everybody has to like grind paragon but i didā€¦and hell i no lived this game so hard. i have 8.000 hours on my account which is 4 hours/day over 5 years which makes sense since this is the only game iam playing and i dont have to work.

1 Like

TurboHud and Bots go against the ToS.
Ban them all, end of discussion.

2 Likes

You are not tired of this? :smiley: I guess atleast 100 of your 170 postings are this simple 1-liner :smiley:

Just stop dreamingā€¦D3 will never be a legit competition. People will always find a way. A Leaderboard in a game like Diablo is just stupid.

Thatā€™s still not a valid excuse to ignore them.

Ban all cheaters, period. Every single one, indiscriminately. Botters, THUD users, etc. All of them.

2 Likes

Yep. Doesnt matter if the effect is big or small. Cheating is cheating. Never accept it in an online game.

1 Like

Because there is nothing more to do. Just gain more damage. I also like that i can oneshot a few elites with 1 Meteor at 150. But i dont care about my Position on LB. I end my grifts All of them. Thats also why its nice to have big damage. Most people only play good maps on 150 my Clan and me if i am wizard we clear 99% of the 150s in time no matter what maps.

That also isnt a fair solution if you think about it. I mean atleast this is alot better then cap paragon butā€¦ Imagine there is 1 paragon 3k guy that mostly played Group as Support for example so its easy for him to have 150 Main gems and augments. On the other side you have a solo only Player with 110 or 120 augments and 130 main gems. He still Lose damage.

Then the Group play guy can Do bountys in Group alot faster can faster farm alot more Keys for fishing, He gets items what others from his Group share to him. The solo guy dont have all that advantages.

It will never be totally fair. Its Not like counterstrike where everyone can buy same weapon and it Just depends on skill. In diablo they dont run the same grift with exact same gear. Thats only the Case on the weekly challengegrift. Thats why its never a real competition.

1 Like

You donā€™t compete with anyone in this gameā€¦what are you talking aboutā€¦ in D2 you couldā€¦but not in D3ā€¦ There is no ladder race based on level and no pvp systemā€¦leveling is fast and items are commonā€¦ so who are you really competing with?

Yeah i can live with that. You have your point of view and I have mine. But take away my paragon or reduce the +5 mainstat we already gained to +2 or something sounds not so nice to me. So i have to say something to that point.

I will never stop advocating for fair competition in a game that I enjoy untill all cheaters are dealt with.
I understand there will always be cheaters, I understand the cheaters will adapt.

Blizz has a dedicated Hacks team and it seems like we made enough noise to get their attention finally.

2 Likes