TurboHud, Bannable or Not?

TH should not be allowed. It just does way to much. I am guessing Blizzard will do a banwave when D4 is just about ready to be released. :\

2 Likes

Blizzard isint going to do a banwave. A banwave right now is not going to be like 10% of the playerbase, it’s going to be an Avengers threat level Thanos snapping his infinity stones to wipe out 50% of the playerbase. What is a game without people to play, they too scared to do it.

4 Likes

Even if it wiped over 99% of the playerbase, it’s still not a valid excuse not to do it. Cheating is cheating, period. If a player chooses to cheat in online game, he/she should always be punished.

15 Likes

They could ban you for it if they chose to do so if that’s the question.

I don’t believe they actively ban people for using it though. Back when I actually played a lot it was extremely popular and nobody was getting banned for it. The occasional person claiming they were banned for “only” using THUD is probably either lying and did something else, or wasn’t even banned at all and is just trying to use scare tactics to discourage you from doing something they don’t like.

edit: looking it up since I haven’t looked at it in years, the creator now posts this warning on the releases “I highly recommend for every user in the TOP100 on any leaderboard: do not use TurboHUD or any other tools!
If you do, then you may risk your account, the fair competition and the future of TurboHUD as well.”

Back in the day I don’t believe that was ever posted, so it’s possible they selectively ban high ranking players for using it occasionally while ignoring non-competitive users?

3 Likes

Using Thud or any 3rd Party program is a banable offence. Blizzard have a history however of just being out right lazy when it comes to banning anybody for anything.

Hey Dtune -

TurboHud has some cool features, but on the other hand, has some features that give players more of an advantage. In the past, TurboHud fell by the wayside and didn’t catch the attention of anti-cheat programs.

We’ll have more to say on this in the very near future, but to answer your question, TurboHud is seen as a program that should not be used in the game in its current state.

As for bots, their time is coming.

161 Likes

Well I’m sure many players will appreciate hearing that.

10 Likes

Literally so happy to hear this. I prefer competing with other real players not bots.

20 Likes

Well, at least we finally recieved some sort of an official statement regarding THUD. Since it does give an advantage, I really hope you put it in the same category with bots, and punish the users equally.

7 Likes

i’m beginning to like you.

13 Likes

Best gaming news in 2019 after D4 reveal! Let’s hope this happens before D4 launch!

21 Likes

always funny to see the plebs that will never be even in the top 1K on a leaderboard or even make more paragon then someone would in the first week of season playing with an experienced group talk about the competitive sides of D3. i dont like the Bots either the best time in the game was the 3 weeks when it was Bot Free in Season 12. the on screen information for THuD is a must for top tier front page clears. the Map hack side can go away as far as i am concerned as people need to learn map layouts themselves. but you need to know the affixes and be able to see the elites in a field of a 100+ mobs on screen to be effective. as someone that has cleared front page by the end of a season multiple times completely 3rd party clean it is extremely tough to do. BLizzard need to Hire the Turbo HUD team and allow the add on with some restrictions to remove the full screen maphack which is the only real advantage. the minimap hack is nothing really and i dont see an issue with that one. but as for the on screen info its a must and i can tell you right now you think the game is dead now, you ban anyone using THUD [which has never been banned for before anyone claims they have heard of people being Banned for it] there will be no one playing this game at all and blizzard will shut the servers down 100% guarantee the botters keep this game alive by buying 2+ new accounts every season as well and having them running i have seen pictures of people running like 10 accounts at once which is 10 accounts bought and is also counted towards active users playing which is all Blizzard look at is the total of Active users. you kill 90% of the Active Users and the 10% of the people that play will be the same 1K paragon 1-2 hour a week players crying in this chat. so Blizzard will not support servers that cost them money instead of make them money. but hey i Love POE and only play the first day of season for the journey now anyway game has been a ghost town since season 13. enjoy the death.

29 Likes

Okay, and what about macros-users? I see them as cheaters as well .)

5 Likes

Are you saying Players are allowed to use TurboHud however. You completely avoided the question. Will an account using THUD risk getting banned

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I wasn’t sure whether to make the post or not given its title. What’s more I had only expected anecdotal evidence from other players.

Perhaps the TH team will pick up on this and release something more paletable for the game’s community. Despite d3’s RPG dungeon crawling routes it is currently a cognitive competition*. As always, where there’s competition, unfair advantages aren’t welcome.

*If you are happy comparing how you fare to those above and below you taking gear and paragon into account. It leads to an interesting interpretation of “who is the best ayer this season?”. You could put forth an argument for a top 100 player who’s there despite a combination of low paragon and lacking several ancient pieces in his loadout too. Hmm we should have a thread for this too and cast nominations and votes!

Seems pretty clear to me. Last sentence of second last paragraph says it’s seen as something that should not be used.

No need to say whether it’s bannable at this point. Have decency and don’t use it

3 Likes

Hey Matthew, what about these cool features in a game you sell and support?
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/best-pvm-necromancer-build/2235/28?u=atomicpunk-11379
As one legit player to another, do you feel my pain?

Players who play by Blizzard’s rules get left in the dust and players who break Blizzard’s rules win.

1 Like

Should not be used and banable are different. Hence i was exact clarification on it. As that was a Cloudy responce
I should not eat that cake as ill gain weighr. Doesnt mean it will kill me.
You should not use ThuD as it gives you features Blizzard are go lazy to implement. This doesnt mean Bannable.
Blizzard needs to come out with an official stance

3 Likes

What about Macros that automate some keyclicks?
such as the ones used in Starpack…

1 Like

These should be in the game. D3 UI/tool tips are severely misleading. Majority of the in game mechanics for all classes now are not learnt through tool tips but with thud. Perhaps your team can extract the “cool stuff” onto D3.

Mechanic example:

Monk passive Relentless Assualt: You deal xx% damage from Blind, Freeze or Stun.

Monk Ceasar Momentom: Enemies Take xxx% damage from Blind, Frozen or Stunned.

On Juggarnault which is immune to CC: RA will not proc but Cesar will. Difference is enemies still take damage from CC proc xxx% when immune.

There are numerous other “hidden” mechanics in the game. Some like the example above leads to misunderstandings and debate among players

Things like:

-stricken stacks
-what progression pylon was spawn
-how many mobs in the pack are debuffed from curse/strongarm/locus swarm etc.

These things do not add advantage but mainly provides players with info for proper gameplay. We all know D3 is flawed and the game was shipped out incomplete. Reaper of Souls fixed some, but not all of the flaws. If the game is complete, demand of thud will not exist. Certainly not at this popularity rate.

What i am really targeting is the info system for D3 can be extremely unclear in a GR environment, especially in a large pull of 100 mobs in 4p mode. There are numerous instances non thud zmk lost the position of where the wizard is.

Regards of botting, its exactly what JohnTravolta commented. Incentives. We are in 2019, 7 yrs after game release, yet there are still time sink systems in this game.

Such as:

Why do i have to manually calculate how many gems i need to craft on imperial grade when needing Flawless Royals? Why cant you auto craft 100 Flawless when there are enough lower tier gems available?

Why cant you click legendary gems faster? Its not so bad if you level 3 main gems to 100. But to full 150 augment 10 characters?

19 Likes