Trying to get Typhons to work

Ok so far im about 1100 gon with 4 or 5 100 topaz augs.
Build is full set, coe/karini bane/pet/pow or strik The mag helm,deathwish,tasker cubed Hergs belt etc
only real difference from everyone is im running frost nova with bone chill rune but i dont think the damage multiplyer is procing off the hydras nova only my manual ones (not sure of that either)
Im having to run rubies at 110gr as getting squished is an issue as well as losing squirts all the time.
Most of my problems stem around the channeling delay from DW and Sig as most are already aware. stopping to channel while all the time moving to stay alive just does not compute. It just isn’t fun to say the least.
I dont hardly ever post as i believe most posts are just whines for the sake of whines. But I’m having a bad experience with typhon so far but im offering a suggestion from actual experience.
I understand Blizz wanted to get rid of Baz Wiz (fair enough) but why didnt they just drop an already previously buffed meteor rune from 20% per arcane point to 10% which would leave all the other wizard builds alone.
Revert deathwish and Et Sig. The hydra head mechanic is completely fine by the way, that was never an issue for me. The reason ppl lean towards LOD hydra (apart from the most powerful rune) is the Leg bonuses on all the gear pieces eg mantle
Rather than just up the 1300% damage (which I also think is fine) add a mantle affix to the set, pet speed atk spd + 5% per second of channeling up to 10 seconds, and a 20% bonus to cold, arcane, fire and lightning.
Although my initial comments I complained about being squishy, being glass cannon is a fun style if you have the tools to help you win the fight.
I think leave the toughness lvl as it is with the above changes (will keep the build in check)
for what its worth, my 2c worth
btw I hoping everyone is looking after themselves and family during this time

You seem to be a little too trigger happy on the abbreviations and shortenings. Makes it a bit annoying to read.

It doesn’t. Magistrate Hydras always cast an unruned Frost Nova, regardless of the rune you put on your bar. It’s behaved like that for years, even before the buff. It was brought up on PTR that they should revise that behaviour when they buffed it, but they never changed it to inherit the Frost Nova rune unfortunately.

The problem Typhon has is that it is a squishy channeling build, which obviously starts becoming a problem once you start pushing over 110. Since the set is tuned around channeling, there kinda is a hard ceiling on the set itself.

2 Likes

I use Typhon’s set and I think I just managed to complete 112. The dps is the problem the higher you go. I realize that paragon is going to influence how far you get with this set, and I have seen videos of people in NS doing 125 with 2400 paragon. That seems about right as I was 1300 paragon when I did 112.

I can’t stand the archon build, and mammoth is really boring for me. Having to wait for the fire to get going just isn’t fun for me. Frost hits right away and is instant, which is more exciting game play. I don’t care if I don’t hit high GRs solo atm as I realize it doesn’t matter what spec you play, paragon will be what limits your progress eventually, so just farm those paragons until you can push the next GR.

1 Like

All the typhoons I have seen above 115 are relying heavily on the cube and all the best solo clears are lod mammoth. As for team play the “getting jammed on everything” makes typhoons impossible to keep up and even Lod mammoth with Illusory boots can’t keep up with the others either or they are teleporting to do so and then contribute nothing to the fight. The Lod version without season cube is a lot stronger and tankier the typhoons. At this stage of the season I see very few wizards in public GRs in any set up. I have also stopped speed farming with vyrs as I personally find I can go the same speed 10grs higher with my barb. Also my Frenzy Barb contributes to the group effort.
Shame as I was so looking forward to a fun season with the wizard.

1 Like

Well. It was obvious what would happen.

We told them time and time again that Typhons is too weak and that the ptr nerfs to Hydra legendaries were uncalled for and overdoing it.

Combine an underperforming new set with their horrible solution to kill Bazooka which nerfed the class as a whole - thanks to how several builds currently need to rely on channeling for enough damage… not saying this dependancy is a good situation, it needs to be adressed as well. But I fear, if it gets taken care of then all we get is another nerf - we need the rebalance patch rather sooner than later.

Now add the Chantodo nerf from the prior patch on top of that and this is where we end up with.

You wouldn’t need rocket sience to predict the result with such harsh circumstances. I wouldn’t say wizards are dead at the moment, at least Vyr is not completely useless, but they are on life support and I can only hope they have something positive in store for wizards after this failed season.

2 Likes