Try to beat my petrified scream drop rate, i dare you

950p
2 petrified screams so far
mainly doing sgr 100 since leveling to 70

2 Likes

Well at least in two runs you had a hundred percent drop rate… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I have 17 of them I am only P722. I already finished the season journey and am now just playing around.

Assuming you only did grift 100 from paragon 1-950 that’s about 120 runs if you play solo and never pooled.

Seeing as you have done at least some bounties and had to farm keys and more than likely was pooled for at least a few of the GR the number is less, but at worst your drop rate would be about 1/50.

Got like 15 of them at para 1150ish, deleted my season characters yesterday and now I wait for Immortal, s27 and D4 in whatever order they will come.

Did 100 Gr 90 before i got 1 petrified dropped. Awesome to play season without being able to play season lol

3 Likes

So by beating it, you get more than 2? Cuz ya, I got a LOT more than 2, and I am around 800p. I win!

P0,

0 drops

Be glad you have the time to play the game… :wink:

Paragon 656, running GR90 (and once 93). I’ve had 3 drop. Used one. It gave me a Whisper at 106 level.

I’ve not played for almost a week. Journey not completed. Waiting for my lady to join me and then I’ll focus on my new barbarian. Inna Monk is boring.

Got my 1st at like P73 at around 8 Gr runs.

Blizzard know the actual droprate. They not gonna change it because some ppl been unlucky or made up lies about how many grs they done.

1 Like

droprate is around 5%, doesn’t take a rocketscientist to figure that out, blizz seems to think that everyone plays in party though.

Yes, that was my experience as well at first. They will pick up once you do 2-3 min GR speed runs. Do a couple of hours of them solo or even with a buddy and you will see them drop a lot more.

A lot more? That’ll be 40 to 60 GRs in two hours, which should give you 2 or 3 screams - if the drop rate is 5%.

Since I started counting, I’ve got 3 PS in 22 GRs.

P644 HC and have gotten 3.
P811 SC and have gotten 1.

Fortunately, I have friends that find them like Blackthorne’s, so I have been actually able to take part in the Seasonal Theme.

That is why gating a Seasonal Theme behind heavy RNG is a bad idea.

I’m on a bothunt. If anyone has them, it’d be the bots that play 35 hours a day for 12 days a week, 6 weeks a month.

1 Like

i’d guarantee that you just miss them in the loot and fail to pick them up.

1 Like

Even in-group, 5% is abysmally low. It would average 1 PS for 5 GRs, or about 3-4 per hour if you do 15-20 GRs/h. Barely a drop in the bucket.

I would love to hear what the rationale was for setting drops at 5%.

I suspect it would have something to do with them expecting players to form 4-man groups rather than play solo. If we assume the 5% drop rate, and a group of 4 players do 20 GRs together, that 5% rate means that on average each of the players will get one petrified scream. That’s 4 in total for the group, effectively turning it into a 20% drop rate, which is much more acceptable, as that’s the equivalent of 1 scream per 5 GRs.