Trang's FCR Bug

Can you finally use this opportunity to fix Trang’s Vampire ‘avatar’s’ casting rate?!?

Or let us turn it off so I can blast fireballs off faster than that sorc over there…

4 Likes

This is an interesting one. I do wonder why they made the vampire form’s (full Trang-Ouls set) FCR breakpoints the worst in the game.

The full set is really cool and gives the player fire Sorc skills like Meteor, Fireball, Firewall, and Fire Mastery.

Maybe because it gave those spells they thought it could be too powerful and needed it own nerfed FCR breakpoints.

For reference, the full set in Vampire form decreases your FCR by 8 frames to start.
And 4 frames slower than the worst FCR class in the game (Amazon). Which is MASSIVE.

It’s because vampires in D2 look like crusty grandpas who probably can’t move very quickly.

It’s a class specific set, with such a handicap, almost no one ever bothers using the full set. This is unfair in comparison to any other class specific set. This can’t hurt that bad to other players if it’s fixed. Please fix it.

1 Like

6 out of 7 class sets in D2 are only good for fun builds.

And quite honestly:
I am not even mad about it.

I’d rather have people being able to be more effective while creating their own builds instead of having the devs taking them by the hand with a set like in D3.

2 Likes

Most of the Class sets were a pretty good all around set for the class that worked for decent builds. Main problem with them was you could do better once you got high end gear and the drop rates were around the same as the other gear. By the time you could put together a full set, you probably could do better.

Trangs set was not the best necy gear like all the others, I did much better with other gear. But I never heard them saying the slow casting was a ‘feature’. It was always a bug and as such they should be able to clear it up. I still played a trang’s necy because it’s dam cool to run around as a vamp and drop meteors on things. I changed to my other armor for MF and power runs…

All transformations in D2 lead to changes in breakpoints and I don’t see any reason to think that this is unintentional.

Nope, the shield is a necromancer-only item.

1 Like

Ahhh that’s right, touché.

There’s no reason for this bug to exist.

At the same time I think some of the sets are due for a buff at some point in the future. They obviously shouldn’t be ‘amazing’ but at least make them viable like Tals.