Toughness of M6

Hey there,

iam just interested in your opinion about toughness bonuses in sets.
What do you think about the M6 toughness issue?

Are you happy with it having 0%, beside that little boar companion?

I haven’t played in a while and iam happy to see my alltime favourite from early RoS buffed. The back and forth patching was a bit unnecesaary over the years, but i think they will keep the set as it is.

The only thing i don’t like is the non-existing perma toughness boost.
The “meatshield” from the 2pc isn’t even a meatshield because many pets don’t seem to physically exist on the map.

You need zoey’s and crimson and if you play without yangs crimson doesn’t do much either.

Lucky for me, i am maining a Cluster Arrow build, so the yangs is good anyway.

On top of the belt+crimson you need another source of defense, like vengance lightning rune or endless walk mobile bonus. (which i don’t like)

I feel the set should get a “per tower bonus” for damage reduction, like 6% - 8% or so…
It has a ramp up anyway…

What do you think?

Are you happy the way it is?

UE has a perma bonus, shadow at least has all runes to SP, Nat gets a good one on activation and GoD has a perma aswell.

Opinions?

(Written from Smartphone, sry in advance for mistakes/format)

I find that the demon hunter, for the most part, needs mobility and speed more than toughness as they are primarily ranged attackers and therefore not as subject to the brute force that other characters, like a barbarian, are. Keeping away from and out of harm’s way is infinitely better than jumping into it… for the Demon Hunter.

That said, they do need some sort of mitigation and I find that Tumble makes that work very well, though I do wish they had a better dodge (like the monk.) Add Elusive Ring and Vengeance and that is pretty much all that is needed.

Mobility and speed are fine, we get the same tools like everyone else and hp scaling and cc immunity for enemies will always break that approach.

On top…everything without yangs has bad mobility aswell, so is something in the core rigged?

I wuld like to focus more on raw dmg reduction to lower the ammount of must have’s and increase possible diversity.

I like that different builds have different strengths and weaknesses. I also like that Blizz added those smaller generic sets to help fill in the gaps. And all DH builds can use Elusive Ring, so I think it’s not bad.

Zoey’s (with Marauders + Garwulf) can actually get up to 81% damage reduction which is the highest possible from one source you can get as DH. I wouldn’t mind if they boosted Elusive to be 80% like Barbs and Wizards have, but I also like that there are differences between classes.

I personally detest using Yang’s with Marauders unless I’m running Multishot. Items that are good in basically all builds don’t make the game better as a whole. I would like that to be changed, but I’m sure I’m in the minority with that opinion.

You didn’t mention Wraps of Clarity?

I find it so weird that our class has no defense from ranged attacks: innate or built into any set or bonuses.

Zoey’s Secret is like a mandatory 7th piece set requirement. They could have given Marauder’s 2pc bonus 50% DR, then change the behavior of the belt to be multiplicative @ 12% per companion:

1 Companion = 12% DR
7 Companions = 59% DR
7 Companions w/ 50% DR = 80% DR
9 Companions w/ 50% DR = 84% DR

Also, Garwulf should just add 2 Wolves without the condition of having to select the Wolf rune. A niche use case that gives extra damage when you need a little defense.

Totally agree - and it seems like even with M6 now you have to stutter step to avoid a hundred goat dudes chucking spears at you or the damn bees/succubi/etc…which I am unable to really do still.