Tough Conquests this season... (23)

I’m almost done with my seasonal journey… all I’m really missing is that damnable third conquest. Level 75 Greater Rift? Child’s play, I’m doing 90 easily. 50 million gold streak? Laughably easy with a fully-upgraded BotH and a spare Bovine Bardiche. But now… all that’s left is the set-dungeon Conquest, which would require me to grind up an entirely separate character, and the two speedrun-Conquests.

Try as I might, I can’t get my Rift Clear below 4 minutes, and my best attempt at the 20 minutes boss-rush came in one boss shy. I’m not sure how I can possibly shave more than mere seconds off my time on either count. I thought I’d be able pull it off since I’m playing a Monk this season, which provides me with a pletora of speed-enhancing abilities, but both options genuinely seems to be the next best thing to impossible running solo. Well, that’s why I jumped into the season with a good buddy by my side! …only for him to flake out on me before we’d even hit 70. :unamused:

I dunno what to do now, honestly.

Speed Demon (rift under 2 min) should be perfectly doable with a suitable speed build. I did that with a GoD DH. It requires a little bit rift fishing but in the end it’s not that tough. Remember that the difficulty requirement is also mere T10.

1 Like

I never know what the smart play is when it comes to speed-rifting… I mean, you clearly need a big, open, well-stocked first map, sure, but then what? Do you stick around there and just kill everything, hoping you can do so quickly enough to bring out the boss? Or aim for the pylons and elites only, then move on the to the next map?

Also, does the clock stop when you beat the boss, or only when you start the rift-shutting countdown?

The clock starts when you open the rift and stops when you talk to Orek.

There really isn’t specific method for clearing. Have a fast moving, fast killing build. Don’t stop picking up stuff, just keep plowing.

Rift RNG does play a major part. Getting a good map with great density can help a lot. Some maps on the other hand are quite bad which is why some fishing might be necessary. One of the best maps is the act 5 cemetery, it tends to have great density.

Speed demon solo requires a dense map with lots of elites, but you should try to kill the trash as well. Just concentrate on killing and picking up the progress globes, and leave the items until the end.

You may have to fish for a good rift for quite a while. Eventually you will find a good map. Here is my run in Season 16, when I wasn’t even planning on doing this conquest. This was on T13 instead of T10, and I wasted time picking up stuff, so I could have finished it even quicker. As soon as you kill the guardian, TP back to town and talk to Orek.

Speed Demon Season 16 - YouTube

Boss mode should also be quite easy with a speed monk build. Again, at only T10 you should be able to one-shot all the bosses. Just concentrate on getting to the boss, then start teleporting to the next one as soon as you can. Don’t pick up any items. The timer starts as soon as you press the Play Game button on the main screen, and ends when you kill the final boss.

That’s what I did, too, but the problem just is GETTING to each boss in time, even going hell for leather. Some are easy, sure, since the path to them is ‘set’, but others have a random dungeon you need to navigate… Queen Aranea, The Butcher, Adria, Ghom, and several others have maps that you can wind up wasting many a precious second in if you don’t get lucky and find the right path immediately. For that matter, depending on your luck, even the right path may be a long and winding one that will waste a bunch of your time!

On my ‘best’ run, I think it was mostly Adria who caused me to fail - I guessed the configuration of Aranea’s cave correctly, got lucky on the path to Ghom, and the path to the Butcher was at least not noticeably difficult. But then I wound up running in circles for a bit trying to find Adria, aaaand that’s all it takes.

Though, one question I do have about that one is, do you need to stick around and wait for the ‘kill animations’ for some of the bigger drama-queens to finish, or can you just teleport out immediately? I’m thinking Belial, Malthael, Diablo… PARTICULARLY Diablo, damn him! (Her? It? THEM?)

Unfortunately, you do have to wait for some of the kill animations to end before you can portal out. That’s why I usually leave one of them for last, usually Maltheal since I go in Act order so I don’t accidentally miss a boss. Diablo is a pain because of its 3-part battle and long death sequence.

I’m not sure what build you are using for Boss Mode, but make sure to concentrate on movement speed. I’m assuming you are using the dashing strike build, or maybe the Tempest Rush build. One trick is to use a maxed Boon of the Hoarder gem for the speed boost, and try to slip in the Krelm’s belt too.

Tempest Rush with Tailwind, Fleet Footed, Mantra of Conviction with Annihilation, and Dashing Strike with Way of the Falling Star for taking shortcuts where possible. All built into a nice Sunwuko build that indeed ensures that everything, bosses included, die the moment I touch them. I suppose I could try to add Krelm’s Buff Belt to the mix, now that you mention it, but I’m already moving so quickly that the game struggles to keep up sometimes, particularly when I’m heading to meet the Siegebreaker.

This for the 2 min T10 rift. Don’t loot anything, just kill elites, grab the balls then move on.

You need to close the rift. Kill the boss, tp to town and close, then go back and loot rg drops.

20 minute boss clear is pretty easy too. I routinely do solo with UE dh or chicken doc and finish in the 14-18 min range.

My strategy is:

1. Don’t loot, don’t loot, and don’t loot.
  2. Start in act 5 since 2 of the longest runs are there.
  3. Do Urzael and Adria first since they are the long runs.
  4. After act 5, go to act 4, 3, 2, then one.
  5. If you get at least one of the 2 long bosses (siege or Cydaea) done by the 10 minute mark, you have plenty of time, otherwise, if you haven’t gotten that far, then restart.
  6. Remember, you do not need to kill Vidian in act 2.
  7. Spacebar/ past the animations and cheesy dialogue.
  8. If you still can’t get it, do some bounties and practice the bosses with non-static maps to get some map knowledge. Only Butcher, Spider queen, Cydaea (2 variants), Ghom, Diablo, Izual, Urzael, and Adria have non-static maps.
2 Likes

use WoL T16 build and set difficulty to T10:

maxroll.gg/guides/sunwuko-wave-of-light-monk-guide

you can do boss mode in ~14mins with it

I think that might be your problem. I don’t play a lot of Monk, but I don’t think Sunwuko has a movement buff. If you use the PoJ set, it give a nice movement speed increase with Sweeping Wind. Along with Kyroshiro belt and Krelm belt in the cube, I can reach a movement speed of 150% while channeling TR. Combine that with Dashing Strike, and you should have no problem getting to the bosses.

1 Like

dude srsly? sunwuku wol is the fastest build in the game

1 Like

LoD WoL is much faster for Boss Mode. Since you can equip In-Geom and the huge AoE of WoL, you’ll regularly have the In-Geom buff active for unlimited Dashing around to find bosses. You don’t even need a max LoD gem, a rank 60 to 70 should be plenty of power but more is always better. You could drop Kyoshiro’s Blade for In-Geom and still have enough dps for T10 bosses in SWK WoL.

I don’t have enough experience with the Monk to say which is the absolute fastest build, but I was able to kill all 16 bosses in just over 11 1/2 minutes, so the PoJ set is pretty fast. Bottom line, that gives a lot of time for making mistakes and taking the wrong turns. Boss Mode is one of the easiest conquests to do solo.

PoJ Boss Mode - YouTube

3 Likes

GoD DH
UE DH

Both in many variations can get this done in less than a minute, minute and a half sometimes.

If still an issue send a shout in communities, many ppl can run one for you where you just hop in to be on map, then wait in town and click banner whenver they go to a new floor, and tp back to town (standing by orek) and as soon as you hear RG go down you click orek immediately.

Remember speed challenges are mainly about your ability to ignore shiney loots on the ground, and focus just on the killing.

It’s a regular rift, you’ll have time still to collect loot after you’ve clicked orek before it closes.

As to set dungeons. Seriously, there are some that are much easier/less pita to accomplish than others, and gearing for it really doesn’t take long since you usually don’t even need good stats on the gear to pull off a set dungeon mastery

Lol seriously?

Get a second person in, split the rift, done under 2 minutes.

Season 23’s 3 conqueusts objective is one of the easier ones. Averice, Speed Demon and the Gems are almost all basically free. A lot of T16 public rift groups could easily get speed demon done on accident.

2 Likes

If you reach the stage where you can solo a ~GR65 within 2-2.5 mins, you can just hop onto any community and ask a second person to join you for a couple minutes to do a neph rift.

And you’re automatically done, boom one conquest down. Done a lot faster than Boss Mode or Avarice. And then you can do BM at the end on your own, just for the hell of it.

You are right. I got mine by accident when running Rift with my clan mate for keys. We are not even using speed build. We have a FB wiz, hydra wiz, a LOD nec and a half baked godDH. Unfortunately for me, I have already completed my guardian. :slight_smile: